For Sale: 1973 Eldorado Convertible - "75k original miles, runs great" - Ogden, NY - Not Mine - 5/5 Deleted

For sale on Craigslist: 1973 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible in Ogden, NY  -  $12,500  -  Call Al:  585 503 58 eight four

Link: https://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/d/spencerport-1973-cadillac-eldorado/7316766546.html

Seller's Description:

1973 Cadillac Eldorado Convertible

• condition: good
  • cylinders: 8 cylinders
  • transmission: automatic
  • odometer: 75,932
  • paint color: blue
  • title status: clean

1973 Classic Cadillac Eldorado convertible, 8.2 liters V8 500 CID. 75,932 original miles. Front wheel Drive, Recently painted nice blue exterior, with a new white covetable top, and new white leather interior. Never seen snow and rarely seen rain. Stored winters and garage keep summer, very good condition runs great. $12,500.00 or will entertain reasonable offers. Call Al.

image.png.5f77c1e2a1895c13d05d11c7e6a467e8.png

image.png.e28e224ab0e2a9770ee88bb39dbb4f37.png

image.png.eadcef24e9beb49daaed63178e2eba9b.png

image.png.83a8ad2c5278929c2794a3f7590ab090.png

image.png.1ac518b505bee46f1b79dead0f49141b.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 3

Kids today, missing out by never getting the back of your legs burned by a blazing hot black interior on a convertible in August... 🤔😉😁

I like the earlier versions of this gen Eldo better than 75, 76.  Subtle styling differences.  Cool car for sure.

• Like 3

Steve, the 76 is the one you want with the fuel injection and disks all around.  Although I'm sure the 71 had 100 more HP.

I drove a 71 convertible that my aunt gave me for a year when I was 18.   I've told this in other threads,  a great story I have of the Eldorado was on a double date standing with my girlfriend at one of her friends house.  The dad was admiring my car and my girlfriend's friend blurted out "You can lay flat across the back seat too!"  right in front of her dad.

Allow me to post this picture of my girlfriend and I with my mom's 74 in every Eldo convertible thread.    

AJ298-Small.jpg.5d69b45e6d20f584929315c92e892162.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Ha too funny. Nice pic of girl and car...

Me standing in front of a any car makes it look cool.   My only regret was not taking more pictures when I was a kid.  I went through a lot of cars, most of them interesting now if not then.

I had a 1973 Eldorado convertible as a collector car.

It was in #3 condition, and I enjoyed driving it regularly.

A couple of notes:

---Gas mileage is very low!  6 m.p.g. around town, 

10 m.p.g. on the highway, for a consistent average of 8.

A typical fill-up of the 27-gallon tank was 25 gallons, 

which was good for only 200 miles.  I later read a review

from 1973, by Consumer Guide, and they averaged 8 also.

---The rubber strips on the rear bumper and bumper ends

have steel plates inside the rubber.  The steel corrodes, and

the rubber ripples and then detaches.  The Eldorado pictured

appears to have that occurring.

Otherwise, this looks like a reasonably priced convertible.

At least it's not red or white!

1973 Cadillac Eldorado 2--mine.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, alsancle said:

Me standing in front of a any car makes it look cool.   My only regret was not taking more pictures when I was a kid.  I went through a lot of cars, most of them interesting now if not then.

Your collar seems a bit small for the time AJ, must have been an older shirt. 😁

1 hour ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Otherwise, this looks like a reasonably priced convertible.

At least it's not red or white!

1973 Cadillac Eldorado 2--mine.jpg

Always a tough call, the real popular colors are popular for a reason, but they can drastically increase the odds of parking next to yourself at a show.  

I read here not too long ago the market deduction for a 55 - 57 tbird is something like 25% for white.  I wonder how much color matters on these cars, or the 79 - 85s which I might consider at some point.  Esp. After your mpg report.  "Hey, we doubled the mpg, how's that for GM engineering!" 😉😁

4 hours ago, alsancle said:

Steve, the 76 is the one you want with the fuel injection and disks all around.  Although I'm sure the 71 had 100 more HP.

I drove a 71 convertible that my aunt gave me for a year when I was 18.   I've told this in other threads,  a great story I have of the Eldorado was on a double date standing with my girlfriend at one of her friends house.  The dad was admiring my car and my girlfriend's friend blurted out "You can lay flat across the back seat too!"  right in front of her dad.

Allow me to post this picture of my girlfriend and I with my mom's 74 in every Eldo convertible thread.    

AJ298-Small.jpg.5d69b45e6d20f584929315c92e892162.jpg

What a ridiculous-looking piece of '70s kitch.

Nice Eldo, though.

And to think I just put my boots away for the season...

We have lost touch with family friends who bought 2 76 Eldorados new, one to drive and one as an "investment".  Not sure how that worked for them, well I guess we know, right.  Hope when #1 wore out he switched to #2 and enjoyed it!  😁

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1973 Eldorado Convertible - "75k original miles, runs great" - Ogden, NY - Not Mine - 5/5 Deleted