For Sale: 1958 Buick Century -"a real head turner, near Concours condition"- Buffalo, NY - Not Mine - 5/7 Photos! - 5/12 Deleted

For sale on Craigslist: 1958 Buick Century 4dr Hardtop in Buffalo, NY  -  Call for price  -  Call:  716 313 zero 9 six 9

Link: https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/d/buffalo-1958-buick-century/7316717799.html

Seller's Description:

1958 Buick Century 4dr Hardtop

• condition: excellent
  • cylinders: 8 cylinders
  • transmission: automatic
  • odometer: 10,000
  • title status: clean

This Buick is near Concours condition by only a couple of chipped areas. It was restored with detail to be factory original for car shows. It has won quite a lot in the past. She's a real 50s head turner with rear fins and a lot of chrome. I am looking to sell or trade. The car can be viewed any time just give me a call. 716 313 zero 9 six 9

image.png.338da2573851b49f0feed970a9c4f91b.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1958 Buick Century-"a real 50's head turner, near Concours condition"-Buffalo, NY-Not Mine-5/7 Photos!
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1958 Buick Century -"a real head turner, near Concours condition"- Buffalo, NY - Not Mine - 5/7 Photos!
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1958 Buick Century -"a real head turner, near Concours condition"- Buffalo, NY - Not Mine - 5/7 Photos! - 5/15 Deleted

This type of ad leads me back to a discussion that I had a few months ago with another hobbyist. What is the true value of a car? Is the value determined by NADA, Kelley Blue Book, Haggerty, Ebay, or Mecum. I use NADA when thinking what my car is worth, as I believe that this is an honest evaluation and If I died tomorrow, my wife should be able to sell it for that amount. I cannot recoup all of the money that I have put into the car, or the time that I have spent bringing it back to life. I know there are some people out there who believe that they can. 

Hi Mike

I don't think anyone can get their money out of a car that they restore nowadays. It is cheaper to by a car done, but for guys like you and I we enjoy the restoration process and that makes it worthwhile. One guys hobby is golf and he told me he will never get back the money he spent on green fees, clubs, etc. But he enjoys his hobby. I think a lot of people forget that about classic cars and only focus on the investment. 

For me the hobby part is my escape from the pressures of life and when I am tinkering with my project, I don't think of anything else. 

Steve

• Like 2

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1958 Buick Century -"a real head turner, near Concours condition"- Buffalo, NY - Not Mine - 5/7 Photos! - 5/12 Deleted
On 5/13/2021 at 9:47 AM, kingrudy said:

I use NADA when thinking what my car is worth, as I believe that this is an honest evaluation... 

One little-known fact:  In the Preface to NADA's

old-car price guide, they acknowledge that their

prices may be higher than those of some other guides.

They explain that their prices are for ALL-ORIGINAL cars.

I've used the book at the AACA Library.  I haven't seen

the explanation, however, on NADA's website.

• Like 1