Two holes in carbruator.?

Cokekid

No, windshield wiper is connected to the intake manifold.  That hole could be for PCV valve for crankcase ventilation some add to their engines even though they didn't do that back in the day.  It's below the throttle venturis of the carb, but shouldn't be open to suck air into the fuel delivery!   

Ray,

I was going to start another thread about the two open holes in the Intake Manifold.  I have a Air Cleaner that has two connections coming from it, which I thought thats were they get connected to the manifold holes. I have already mentioned in another thread that I did take a lot of photos but some how the Jump Drive got damaged and I lost every thing. 

I have asked for photos of the top end  of the engine to find out were every thing need to be connected instead of starting a new thread for each part.

1696295236_LINOILBATH103877.JPG.4e06234ae95c349444c0200d5059e620.JPG

Yeah.....my 41 has a vent tube from the air cleaner that fits into the intake manifold.  But the only other manifold connects are for the distributor and wiper motor.  I think there were different versions of these setups.  Some who have added PCV crankcase venting have drilled and threaded into the intake to accommodate the additional device.  I was never tempted to add such to my engine, probably can't hurt as there are a lot of fumes in the oil pan.   

I believe that your carburetor is from a later engine. What are the numbers on the fuel bowl?

The wipers should connect to a tube coming from a hole near the back of the intake manifold.

The distributor vacuum brake has a tube that connects to the hole near the front of the manifold.

The Columbia controls should come from a plate that fits under the carburetor.

Ray,

This is the original Air Cleaner came off  this 48 Lin v12. I remember there is a tube that is connects from the cleaner to one of the hoes in the Manifold 

My vacuum line was always connected from the carburetor to the distributor.

Tom.

I had just recently posted a question about my carburetor as to why there was a extra hole at it's base, and I was informed that it was for the wipers.

I am hoping someone can take some photos of the top end for some of the connections from the manifold  

I stand corrected. This is the first time that I have seen ported vacuum used for the vacuum brake on the distributor. All of my literature ends in 1947 and shows the vacuum connections from the holes in the intake manifold.