For Sale: 1950 Dodge Wayfarer Coupe - "Excellent condition" - Hartford, NY - Not Mine

For sale on Craigslist: 1950 Dodge Wayfarer 2dr Coupe in Hartford, NY  -  $8,500  -  Call:  518 632 57 four eight

Link: https://glensfalls.craigslist.org/cto/d/hartford-dodge-wayfarer/7313048552.html

Seller's Description:

1950 Dodge Wayfarer 2dr Coupe

• condition: excellent
  • odometer: 555
  • transmission: manual
  • paint color: green
  • title status: clean

For inquiries or questions please call 518 632 57 four eight only, no email.

image.png.67e461bed062c27b65c6f034f2dfac1b.png

image.png.f4f39b07b718ca0cc945ae52cdb98246.png

image.png.a0e6697679d60556401b04f149fcb780.png

image.png.931a7b8225ecf90c37b96f3be3628cb4.png

• Like 2

The passenger-side taillight is broken, as the

overall picture shows with some scrutiny.

But in the close-up rear view, the seller

conveniently didn't show that flaw.  When

that happens, I wonder what else he's hiding.

The car is nicely styled, and coupes such as this

are popular.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, 58L-Y8 said:

Look at the money he saved from not taking new pictures.    That car will find a home around 5k,  assuming it runs.

I suppose since from what I read here about values and time to sale seeing a car relisted in various places isn’t uncommon. The seller just has to find a buyer who wants it enough to pay close to the price. I think alsuncle is right about the price. As I and others here have said, old Mopars just don’t in general have the flash to pull in big money

Edited by plymouthcranbrook (see edit history)
  • Like 1

A lot of people like those little business coupes (and I'm one of them!).

If it runs well, I'm guessing it'll fetch close to asking, but the seller not showing the motor or indicating whether it runs or not isn't a good sign.

• Like 2

• 9 months later...

Still Available, Price $8,000: Feb 24, 2022:

Dodge Wayfarer - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

New stocks and spring. very well maintained. Never be alone again, People will stop and talk to you about this car. Great for Party's, Weddings, and Drives with your sweetheart. Enjoy the journey more in the Adirondacks or any winding road in this classic beauty.  This is a 3rd party post for a family member, so for more details you will have to call the number provided, there will be no email response.  Note odometer is not really 555, it is just unknow to me. For inquiries or questions please call. only, no email

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1950 Dodge Wayfarer business coupe.

Note: A few new pictures.

'50 Dodge Wayfarer NY a.jpg

'50 Dodge Wayfarer NY b.jpg

'50 Dodge Wayfarer NY c.jpg

'50 Dodge Wayfarer NY d.jpg

'50 Dodge Wayfarer NY e.jpg

'50 Dodge Wayfarer NY g.jpg

'50 Dodge Wayfarer NY f.jpg

• Thanks 1

On 5/3/2021 at 9:39 PM, GregLaR said:

Nice little coupe. 

Someone should have their head cleaved with a spade for installing that tail pipe extension.

Given the lack of other mods, I wouldn't be surprised if the owner put that extension on to clear the bumper due to fumes being sucked into the passenger compartment via the trunk. I've had that happen to me before, and an extension helped noticeably...but yes, it doesn't look good, especially on single exhaust.

• Like 1