Mystery cylinder head (6cyl)

Bill Wayman

Can anyone tell me what this cylinder head fits? I would like to get rid of it and don’t want to scrap it if it’s something rare. There’s a small chance it came out a Willys or Jeep. Note the distributor mounts out the top.

5B38302C-1765-4AB3-9BDB-8B30207D2E8A.jpeg

F42F75FD-BBD9-4AFE-BDB7-B5F254BE508F.jpeg

A2729272-4AE4-4376-8E5D-44055F455986.jpeg

Darn Close, but some of the holes between the cylinders don't seem to line up.  Look at where the distributor drive is.  Not sure what the extra dark spots are on your image, are they holes?

If this is a F6209 Continental head, how would you suggest I figure out what it fits and what it's worth?

Any offers?

Thanks 

This looks similar to the head used by Kaiser-Frazer and Willys on their 226. It has the same distributor mount and firing order but is missing the Kaiser or Willys script so I'd say it's either for industrial use (Continental built the same engine for many years) or possibly for a Checker since they used the 226 for a while as well.

Edited by jimkf (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The FC 150,half ton,and the FC 170,three quarter ton Jeeps were those square front cabovers that came out quite a few years ago. I'm not sure they were wildly popular then but I've been seeing wanted ads for them and the parts over the last three or four years. I suggest looking it over very carefully for cracks,maybe have it magnafluxed,and if it looks good put it on ebay for at least $150 plus shipping. Maybe first,look on ebay and see if any others are there and what price they are listed at. Sometimes ebay can ruin it's own market even on somewhat rare items because of the number of the same thing.