• 2 months later...

Ha ha, I always hated green cars too, but when I was raising three kids and needed a van for the fam,  a Firebird for my daughter,  or a pickup for myself, the green ones were always the ones a dealer or an individual would make a deal on.  The only exception was my green 70 Chevelle 396 SS that I had decided to buy when the dealer had already committed it to a paint shop.  I wanted it red but it had a green interior, so I decided to ignore the color.  It was too good to pass up and now I get compliments on it because its so ‘’ retro”.  

As they used to say, no sale green and resale red.  But today, if it’s not grey, white, or black, you’’re probably going to be walking.

Four of the eight cars in my fleet are green, ranging in age from 1921 to 2013. They do tend to stand out in a crowd. Just today I took my '72 Chevy C20 for a run to town and couldn't believe the number of thumbs up and nods of approval it received. One lady asked if she could take a picture of it to show her hubby.

Maybe it's the Irish in me or perhaps the fact that five out of six cars dad had as I was growing up were green. Then there were all those green tractors.......

1972 Chevy pickup ready to show 001.JPG

John Deeres in storage.jpg

Edited by J.H.Boland (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

I love green cars. I lucked out and found a green F150 when I was looking for one a new one in 2007. I had my '70 Mustang coupe painted Highland green, instead of the original lime green. I've got two red cars and am tired of that color. 

I don't care for the fluorescent greens, but there are a lot of nice shades of green. There are actually a lot of greens that go very nicely with a wood body. Remember that light pastel blue of the 80s? A car salesman friend of mine called that "no sale blue" and would not take a car on trade that was that color. Couldn't get rid of them, he said.

Edited by NewOldWood (see edit history)

I like greens too. The last 64 Olds Starfire I bought is Fern Mist, a light metallic green. Car wears it well. I like it because it is very 60s and not often seen.

First time I took it out one of the local Chevy-heads said "I sure hope you're gonna paint that car!"

He got one of my patented "you are the stupidest sob I've ever met" looks and the comment "why on God's green earth would I do that?"

He was the same one who told me I needed to put a set of Chevy rally wheels on my 73 Olds ragtop that had Oldsmobile's gorgeous Super Stock IV Polycast wheels. Got the same reaction when he said that.

Some folks never learn!😺

Way back in 80s I had an apple green 1973 Jeep CJ5 named Eugene. I still have scars on me rump from that short wheelbase dogleg!

I bought Eugene to get back and forth to work in winter. Summertime with top off he was a lot of fun. Wintertime wasn't much fun as his heater wasn't much to speak of. The only heater I recall being more useless was the one in the school bus I rode from 1st grade thru high school. Even the bus driver stayed cold in old bus #68!