Full Classic 1941 Buick Roadmaster

Dynaflash8

Fully Restored 1941 Buick Model 71 Roadmaster.  Never Shown.  Full Classic (19-E) in AACA and also in CCCA.

60,000 original miles will perfect interior and trunk interior, including carpets in car.  New black paint, all new chrome, new 7.00x15 Coker Tires, new exhaust, brakes, front end (with alignment), new 6v wiring firewall forward, rebuilt radio with 12v inside, converter and plug for GPS.  Rebuilt carbs, distributor, nos factory coil, new radiator core, fuel pump, water pump. New clutch, throwout bearing and torque ball seals, new brakes incl cylinders, hoses and nos set brake lining & shoes.  Wheels restriped.  Car has skirts, set of 4 bumper ends (elephant ears).  No stone unturned.  $40,000 neg.  Earl Beauchamp, Sebring, FL 804-366-4870

41 Buick Finished 5.JPG

41 Buick Finished 1(1).JPG

41 Buick repaint 83 final engine finished.jpg

• Like 10

1 hour ago, lancemb said:

This looks like a beautiful, very high quality car.

Just now, Dynaflash8 said:

It is.  I restored it for AACA Show and Judge and CCCA local touring.  Age, the Pandemic last year limits, and local summer heat have suggested to me it is time to cut back my Pre-War collection.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

Nice car!!

Thank you Al.  I know you are a died-in-the-wool Classic Car guy....probably also a CCCA member.  Maybe if it doesn't sell I'll feel good enough to go on a south Florida CCCA Region tour in the late Fall this year.

• Like 1

Hope to see you down here with the car. 👍

CCCA annual meet is in Palm Beach first week of January. 

2 minutes ago, edinmass said:

Yes Ed, I saw that, and I do hope to attend, even if I sell the car.  If fact, my friend E. Miller pointed it out to me.  If I don't, well it may be cool enough in late Fall to go on another Florida Region, CCCA, local tour.  At 82.5, it's just too hot for me here, this time of year.  Thanks for your comments.  EDB

5 hours ago, edinmass said:

My first Hershey was 1963.  Been to all of them except 1965 (wife in hospital) and last year (when there wasn't one)

• Like 1

Earl,

The topic is bold anytime you have not read it. After you read a topic, the title is no longer bold. That function is to allow you to tell what you have already read. 

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 5:08 PM, MCHinson said:

Earl,

The topic is bold anytime you have not read it. After you read a topic, the title is no longer bold. That function is to allow you to tell what you have already read. 

Well, I like to read my own ads to see if they are right. This car is like new and  am high, but tas always on this forum nobody is  ever interested.  They say I am high but when I sell at loss the next guy gets more then I was asking here, And nobody even makes an offer.

As with the 39 Special convertible the car's you have will not likely sell on this forum. We are mostly looking loos. Lance bought a 58 Buick off a post here.  

Earl you have to know that $40,000 is a lot for a 4 door model.  Typically that price point buys a very nice 2 door or convertible.  I know the restoration costs of new paint and chrome must be astronomical in today's world.  

Bottom line is as with the Convertible a quick sale at $40k won't happen.  And it will require a different marketplace.   There are a lot of us under 60 that have to work full time until we are 70 just to hope to have a decent retirement let alone a well lived one.  $40,000 is about half of my 401k.  I don't see a lot of guys restoring what they bring to car shows.  They have to wait until retirement to buy a completed car.  

That completed car is typically an identifier of their youth, a 57 Chevy, a Camaro, a muscle car.  Not a beautiful Buick 4 door sedan.  Take it to the consignment shop that sold the convertible.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, B Jake Moran said:

As with the 39 Special convertible the car's you have will not likely sell on this forum. We are mostly looking loos. Lance bought a 58 Buick off a post here.  

Earl you have to know that $40,000 is a lot for a 4 door model.  Typically that price point buys a very nice 2 door or convertible.  I know the restoration costs of new paint and chrome must be astronomical in today's world.  

Bottom line is as with the Convertible a quick sale at $40k won't happen.  And it will require a different marketplace.   There are a lot of us under 60 that have to work full time until we are 70 just to hope to have a decent retirement let alone a well lived one.  $40,000 is about half of my 401k.  I don't see a lot of guys restoring what they bring to car shows.  They have to wait until retirement to buy a completed car.  

That completed car is typically an identifier of their youth, a 57 Chevy, a Camaro, a muscle car.  Not a beautiful Buick 4 door sedan.  Take it to the .shop that sold the convertible.  I have

Thanks.  I do think it says negotiable.  I have over 40K into the car.  It was a nice original 59K car that I restored for AACA award showing, and then along came COVID and my age took another leap.  It has a mint original interior and trunk interior. In that time I had heart bypass and a pacemaker, and then the Maclia Degeneration that had been dry for years, went wet in my left eye.  I have to get a shot in that eye every 4-6 weeks.  I expected to tour the car after showing, so I overhauled everything: carbs, radiator, wiring,front end, used bias tires for showing, brakes, coil, fuel pump, water pump, everything.  All of the chrome was redone or replaced, all new exhaust, etc.  It is so hot in Florida that I want to get a car with a/c that is older than our 91 Park Avenue with 6,000 original miles.

Now, the '39 convertible you mention: A consignment dealer did sell it to Virginia for $36K, and that guy gave it to a consignment dealer in NC who sold it into NC for $47K, which is what I knew it was worth.  It was the last car my consignment dealer sold before being arrested and I think he may now be in prison, but if not he is still closed.  I don't have much use for dealerships, except for a few, Matt Harwood being one good one I know...too far from me.  He is a car collector himself who participates in club activities.  I had that car twice for 18 and then 20 years.  Always thought I'd do well someday....so much for that.  I will listen to all offers on the '41, but for awhile I'm going to try and sell it for a fair price.  It was in the BUaGLE for $39500.  That is only fair.  And other than your comments on my '39, I agree with everything you said.  Matt Harwood told me what he felt my '41 was worth, and at this point I could kiss more money goodbye and take it before I die (I am 82.75), if faced with green cash, but I want to see if I can find just one fair person out there who wants a Full CCCA Classic at a price far lower than a Packard.  If I die i won't know how much money I lost.  And, yes, I have another '39 Buick, just repainted and reupholsterd that I won't sell at any price as it marks my high school car.  It was already a Grand National AACA Winner when I decided to make repairs after 35 years.

Edited by Dynaflash8 (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1

Earl:

I have always admired you and enjoyed your input on this forum.  Within my budget - for all hobby items and things we buy - I don't haggle a whole lot.   IF I was 70 and had the home paid off etc, I would prefer your 41 Buick Roadmaster over a newer easier to drive car.  

Jake,If

I wrote you a very long reply.  I am at the AACA convention on the desktop.  I wrote you a long reply and the desktop computer quit and I lost it all.

You'll be amazed at all I've done to this car.  I'm not going to type it again on this keyboard.  Call me next week and I'll fill you in.  Go ahead and make me an offer if you are interested.  If new parts make a new car, we're 95-98% there.  Call 804-366-4870.  Earl

Jake:

I'll get home after the 8th.  I have a terrible time typing on this laptop.  I found out today there is a National Meet Feb 24-26 2022 in Melbourne,

fL. about 100 miles from me.  If I don't sell it, I'll probably take it for its first Natonal AACA show then.  2022 is looking like a great and expensive year for AACA people.  Nice easygoing Convention here in Williamsburg for AACA

Cellphone on all the time at 804-366-4870  Earl

I made one mistake.  The seats were so unbelievably perfect I had them covered in clear plastic and it too is a perfect job.  I had intended to drive the car on tours and wanted that protection from eating and drinking which I like to do when I'm driving.  Of course I may still do that yet in cooler weather if I don't sell it.  But anyway, mid-restoration I decided it was going to be good enough for AACA judging as one part of restoration led to another.  I sold the new radials and bought bias tires.  But after applying to AACA for a "pass" for clear plastic seat covers as a protection of original features and being turned down I simply could not bring myself to take the covers off.  So, that's a job for the next guy if there ever is one in the near future.  And thank you for the nice comment on the car.  I was also responsible for getting CCCA to take the 1940 and 1941 Series 70 Roadmasters as Full Classics along withe the Series 80 and 90.  I was responsible for them as well in years gone by.  I'm almost 83 now and it's getting tougher to trailer pre-war cars to AACA Nationals every day

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/4/2021 at 10:19 PM, Dynaflash8 said:

I will discuss a lower price for a dedicated younger member

Well darn, that kinda leaves me out 🤣🤣🤣 It's a beautiful car Earl, I hope you find someone who appreciates it half as much as you and y'all can make a fair deal.

• Thanks 1

On 5/5/2021 at 6:06 PM, alsancle said:

Compound carburation is cool.   You will see 10 Caddys for every Classic Buick or Packard.

I agree.....and the Buick is a better road car......don’t tell anyone, or I will have to deny it.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, MrEarl said:

Well darn, that kinda leaves me out 🤣🤣🤣 It's a beautiful car Earl, I hope you find someone who appreciates it half as much as you and y'all can make a fair deal.

Aww Mr. Earl you can afford my car.

• Haha 1