Princess Grace Kelly's death car.

Buick35

Grace was such a beauty. The most beautiful actress to ever be involved in the American film industry, in my humble opinion. I'm surprised that I'd forgotten she'd died in an auto accident. The picture Angelfish posted is the car that always comes to mind when I think of her (Sunbeam.) She was the personification of visual elegance and the most appropriately named woman ever. 😉

licensed-image.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Buick35 said:

I just saw on television a story about Grace Kelly and her tragic car accident but it never mentioned what kind of car she was in other than a sports car. It mentioned that it's brakes might have been tampered with.Just curious.

It was determined that she had a stroke while driving.

15 hours ago, JamesR said:

Grace was such a beauty. The most beautiful actress to ever be involved in the American film industry, in my humble opinion. I'm surprised that I'd forgotten she'd died in an auto accident. The picture Angelfish posted is the car that always comes to mind when I think of her (Sunbeam.) She was the personification of visual elegance and the most appropriately named woman ever. 😉

licensed-image.jpg

Im 56, and have to admit growing up watching the likes of Farrah Fawcett, Suzanne Sommers and whomever the other sex symbols of the time were, I find Princess Grace the most beautiful woman I have seen on the screen. The others pale in comparison. Rear Window is one of my favorites.  She was from Philly, my grandmother had family there as well named Kelly (my grandmothers maiden name) I often wonder if there is a connection (which makes my first statement kinda creepy! LOL)

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TAKerry said:

Im 56, and have to admit growing up watching the likes of Farrah Fawcett, Suzanne Sommers and whomever the other sex symbols of the time were, I find Princess Grace the most beautiful woman I have seen on the screen. The others pale in comparison. Rear Window is one of my favorites.  She was from Philly, my grandmother had family there as well named Kelly (my grandmothers maiden name) I often wonder if there is a connection (which makes my first statement kinda creepy! LOL)

She was the pinnacle of beauty in Hollywood, and I completely agree with you on Rear Window. Quite possibly my favorite movie of all time, as it shows Grace at her best. Young Elizabeth Taylor was quite stunning, too, but Grace had a goddess like presence that nobody else could match. I sometimes wonder if she left the sordid world of Hollywood in her prime and went to Monaco to marry Prince Rainier because it was the closest thing to Mt. Olympus that the world had to offer. 😉 Interesting about your possible family connection. You never know!

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Catherine Deneuve for me.

510B52EC-232C-4D2D-97D5-A682862E3CF9.jpeg.eaea8d15ce7fb323786d7aa5ebd77515.jpeg

I met her Doppelgänger when I was 

divorcing - Arlene was wealthy and had

Grandparents who owned an apartment 

in Monte Carlo.

I got a passport to go travel there.

I broke up with Arlene.

I was & still am - an Idiot when 

it comes to women.

Jim

• Like 2

image.png.14b371753410a9c6d97ccb2183ba1efa.png

image.png.78e874a33be1b3fb3a415b74682fa7c6.png

Rover P6

image.png.22c2a6141bd0e261403795d60bb34cf8.png

3. GRACE KELLY- (November 12, 1929 – September 14, 1982) was an American actress of Irish and German heritage and Princess consort of Monaco. In April 1956 Kelly married Rainier III, Prince of Monaco, and became styled as Her Serene Highness The Princess of Monaco, and was commonly referred to as Princess Grace.
After embarking on an acting career in 1950, at the age of 20, Grace Kelly appeared in New York City theatrical productions as well as in more than forty episodes of live drama productions broadcast during the early 1950s Golden Age of Television. In October 1953, with the release of Mogambo, she became a movie star, a status confirmed in 1954 with a Golden Globe Award and Academy Award nomination as well as leading roles in five films, including The Country Girl, in which she gave a deglamorized, Academy Award-winning performance. She retired from acting at 26 to enter upon her duties in Monaco. She and Prince Rainier had three children: Caroline, Albert, and Stéphanie. She also retained her American roots, maintaining dual US and Monégasque citizenships. She died on September 14, 1982, two months before her 53rd birthday, when she lost control of her automobile and crashed after suffering a stroke. Her daughter Princess Stéphanie, who was in the car with her, survived the accident. In June 1999, the American Film Institute ranked her #13 in their list of top female stars of American cinema.

• Like 1

Hmmm?

Well we've drifted a little off topic but this seems like a harmless, fun thread, so I'll jump in too.

When it comes to screen sirens Veronica Lake still does it for me.

xin_3110011316161752650018.jpg.2f53fed3fb91a72a732cb19466e74d76.jpg

As for the never ending debate between Ginger and Mary Ann I can offer this, I had the uninterrupted pleasure of Dawn Wells company at a dinner function several years ago and I can tell you she was very much like her character on TV.  Just as sweet and friendly as you'd hope she was, but I still feel Ginger Grant's classic, sultry good looks would have kept me thin, me chasing her all over the island. 😄

Ginger16.JPG.d9cbf93b6ba3391082c9c5eec3e6d2c6.JPG

46 minutes ago, GregLaR said:

As for the never ending debate between Ginger and Mary Ann I can offer this, I had the uninterrupted pleasure of Dawn Wells company at a dinner function several years ago and I can tell you she was very much like her character on TV.  Just as sweet and friendly as you'd hope she was, but I still feel Ginger Grant's classic, sultry good looks would have kept me thin, me chasing her all over the island. 😄

Ginger seems like the kind of girl who might've chased you all over the island! I think it's safe to say that many of us are jealous of your dinner with Dawn Wells. It's nice to hear that some celebrities are actually nice people.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GregLaR said:

Hmmm?

Well we've drifted a little off topic but this seems like a harmless, fun thread, so I'll jump in too.

When it comes to screen sirens Veronica Lake still does it for me.

xin_3110011316161752650018.jpg.2f53fed3fb91a72a732cb19466e74d76.jpg

Ginger16.JPG.d9cbf93b6ba3391082c9c5eec3e6d2c6.JPG

Having been married to a red head for 30+ yrs, careful what you wish for..................

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, cheezestaak2000 said:

philly girl

Philly girl. Hmmm............  My mom was one of those. But there was absolutely nothing serene about her. Ever. She was actually kinda rowdy. Not that it had anything to do with it, but her father, my Grampa Joe, worked at Baldwin Locomotive there in the ‘teens and ‘20s. Well, I’m originally a Chicago boy, and I have sure had my rowdy moments, too. Not that that has anything to do with anything.      -    Carl 

• Like 1

I had two rover P6 s in the seventies , a dark brown 2000 tc and later bright red 3.5 v8, nice fast luxurious cars, but not sports cars though .

as thread diverted to old attractive stars , Sophie Loren was my dads favourite, I’m more  Bridget Bardot 😊