A mechanic and the Surgeon....

A Mechanic was removing a cylinder head from
the motor of a 401 Nailhead when he spotted a well-known cardiac surgeon in his shop. The surgeon was there waiting for the service manager to come and take a look at his car when the mechanic shouted across the garage, "Hey Doc, want to take a look at this?"
The cardiac surgeon, a bit surprised, walked over to where the mechanic was working.

The mechanic straightened up, wiped his hands on a rag and asked, "So Doc, look at this engine. I opened its heart, took the valves out, repaired or replaced anything damaged, and then put everything back in, and when I finished, it worked just like new. So how is it that I make $48,000 a year and you make $1.7M when you and I are doing basically the same work?”

The cardiac surgeon paused, leaned over and whispered to the mechanic.....
“Try doing it with the engine running."

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

A gynecologist, in retirement, decided he would like to be a mechanic, something he always wanted to be. So, he signed up for an auto mechanics class. The final project was to completely rebuild the engine of one of the shop's cars.When he was done, the teacher scored him at 200%, an A+++. Shocked, the former doctor asked how he had scored so high being  that several other students also completed the task. "Well," said the teacher, "before you, nobody had ever done it all through the tailpipe."