Spring Carlisle Pix 2021

cutlasguy

some pretty cars out there, this year, sad thing was that only about 50% of the car corral area had vehicles for sale in it...

say vendor field was maybe 70%

but anything is better than nothing, really enjoyed my trip this year, even the crazy four season weather in a few days :)

Friday’s crowd was a real throwback to the golden years. I think the vendor count was much higher than 70%. I was there 2 days, walked my legs off, and felt like I could have spent 2 more days there. Here is a view from gate 2 looking toward gate 1.

As for the car corral, remember there was an auction happening a few blocks away; and they have a special deal where there is no fee if your car doesn’t sell. 

Spring Carlisle 2021 was quite an event.

9D460187-1278-439C-9173-8207DE269492.jpeg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, greenie said:

I think the vendor count was much higher than 70%.

It absolutely was higher than 70%. There haven't been any vendors on the loop in the northeast corner of the site for about five year - even that area was nearly full. I was on site from Wed AM (before the "blizzard") through Sat evening. I haven't seen that many vendors on site by noon Wed in at least 5-6 years. Many more came in Wed night and Thursday. We're right near Gate 3, so we hear all the vehicles coming in later in the evening. Friday was packed - admittedly part of that was due to people who had originally planned to attend on Wed or Thurs but delayed due to the weather. I'm a little surprised that Saturday was lighter than Friday, as the weather was equally nice.

Thank you for posting all the photos, Cutlasguy!  I couldn't make it this year...  I would be curious to know contact info on the black late '60's Eldorado and the blue early phaeton with the white wheels if you happen to have more info on those two cars.  Thanks and be safe!  Greg

The brass car is a 1912 Lambert. It's advertised on the HCCA website too.  It was for sale at Hershey in 2019, has been on this discussion forum before, and was a no sale a while back on Bring A Trailer at $23.5. Nice brass car restored a few years ago but not really that usable for touring as it's a friction drive. Looks like it may gave been the earliest car at Carlisle. 

Terry

On 4/27/2021 at 9:48 AM, Terry Bond said:

The brass car is a 1912 Lambert. It's advertised on the HCCA website too.  It was for sale at Hershey in 2019, has been on this discussion forum before, and was a no sale a while back on Bring A Trailer at $23.5. Nice brass car restored a few years ago but not really that usable for touring as it's a friction drive. Looks like it may gave been the earliest car at Carlisle. 

Terry

It is a good looking car, and they actually drove it in each morning and out each evening. watched him drive it through town to the show in the morning ;) and it was definitely the earliest (oldest) car there

our three days there we walked the entire field, every row. was approx 15 miles of walking per my phone tracking us around the fields.

i will post pictures when i get home and have access, we camped up near gate 4 and the side of the hill was pretty bare. some of the vendor spaces were campers and vendor vehicles. some of the car corrals put their cars on the field in the morning, then over to the auction at night if they signed up and were assigned a slot. 

was definitely good to see people out there on both sides, vendors and buyers !!

Hoping Fall Hershey comes through and in force. Usually do Carlisle in the Spring and Hershey in the Fall. just great to get out and look at automotive stuff.

• Like 1

I used to have spaces at both spring and fall, but gave it up years ago.  Was set up next to Pinky Randall and we always had a great time.

Terry