2005 Lucerne recommendations

JohnD1956

Are you considering an early-build 2006 that was built in 2005?  I say that as 2005 was the last model year for the LeSabre and Park Avenue cars, which the Lucerne was supposed to replace.

In general, they were still related to the Cadillac DeVille/DTS cars, but with different powertrains.  The first year or so, the Buick 3800 V-6 was the only powerplant, but the Cadillac Northstar V-8 became an option too.  When the Buick 3800s were used up, the Chevy 3.9L V-6 replaced it (with more horsepower and torque).

The front seats are really three sections.  A bucket seat on each side with either a center cushion/armrest or a center console.  Many more were built with the center cushion than with the consoles, I suspect.  I did like the console and floor shifter though.

Personally, I think some "cat's whiskers" (simimlar to those on the '58 Roadmaster's trunk lid) might help the looks.

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

I purchased a one owner 2007 Lucerne V8 just for fun.   It had 89K and looked great.   Tightned a few screws on the bottom of the engine stopped an oil drip and had a power steering pump get noisy.   Had it about 2 years, and put about 9K miles on it.   On a long trip from Texas to Indiana got 27 mpg I was amazed.     Sold it to a guy in Michigan that was looking for a rust free car to replace a wrecked DTS

That was at least 3 years ago and recently got a note from the buyer saying the car was running fine. 

• Like 1