Help needed!

Have a 1947 Chrysler T&C Woody convertible that won’t lift its rag top when I move the lever. One side starts to lift but the other side does nothing. Can anyone suggest what might be the problem and how I might fix it please. 😊👍

Could be a couple of things.

The top may be out of adjustment

Or the top cylinder pump on that side is not working. It could have leaked the fluid or it could just be stuck.

You could try to "help" it while someone operates the lever. You could try "assisting" that side to see what happens, too.

Hello Stradders, You would probably tap into more expertise if you post above in the "Chrysler Products-General" section of this forum. Unfortunately, it seems there are only about 5 of us who regularly participate in this Woodie section. Also, the National Woodie Club has a Town and Country chapter and a club technician/advisor for Town and Country.

Edited by Tom Boehm (see edit history)

Indeed-

Tom is correct. There is a specific Town and Country site; I have a '49 Town and Country and have not had problems with the hydraulics, so unfortunately I can't help you. That one came already finished and did not require work on the top or anything else.