47 manual 320 engine swap in 48 Dyna-flow 320?

Killshot169

I have a re-built 320 engine from a 47 Buick Roadmaster 2dr convertible with a manual transmission (it’s for sale too) and I need to know if the engine can fit into a 48 Roadmaster with a dyna-flow transmission?  I understand that the engine mount is in a different position and some difference in the crank.  Please clarify the differences and if it can be made to work?  Or do we just need to locate a 48 320 dyna-flow engine?? I greatly appreciate the advise from the Buick experts.  Thank you 

Killshot169. 

Besides any motor mount issues, the difference between a crankshaft for a manual  or automatic transmission may be the hole in the center for the pilot shaft bearing. Manuals will need and have it. Dynaflows won't need it but may have it. This is at the flywheel end of the crankshaft. 

If you are trying to sell the 47 and it is a manual transmission, that car will need the right crankshaft.  Otherwise you may find it a bit more difficult to get a buyer who woukd want to restore the car.  If that is important to you then I'd suggest continuing to look for another engine for your 48.