1980 Camaro Z28 350 Four Speed

I'm posting this because it is basically what I drove my senior year of College and I've been looking for dark blue silver one for 20 years.    Has to be the 350/four speed which seems to be about 10%.   Has to be 1980 because that was the only year of the cowl inductor hood that would open up when the four barrel opened.

The color combination is debatable but I like it.  But like every single one I find there is a problem.   This one had a motor swap early in its life.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1980-Chevrolet-Camaro-Z-28-deluxe-/124694642111

CamaroZ28-1980-1.JPG

CamaroZ28-1980-2.JPG

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• alsancle changed the title to 1980 Camaro Z28 350 Four Speed

My neighbor and friend has one of these, a 1980 model Z 28. His is slightly modded and extremely nice...nice enough to have been featured in Hot Rod magazine several years ago. His is a dark silver with no T Tops, I think, but I don't think it has the exact factory paint scheme. Like alsancle, my friend has a youth connection. That exact vehicle was his first or second car. I think they're very cool (now that I don't see them everywhere like I did in the 70's and 80's.)

1 hour ago, JamesR said:

My neighbor and friend has one of these, a 1980 model Z 28. His is slightly modded and extremely nice...nice enough to have been featured in Hot Rod magazine several years ago. His is a dark silver with no T Tops, I think, but I don't think it has the exact factory paint scheme. Like alsancle, my friend has a youth connection. That exact vehicle was his first or second car. I think they're very cool (now that I don't see them everywhere like I did in the 70's and 80's.)

In the early 80s they were “as common as bum holes” as the saying goes.

They disappeared fast. Same guy that bought and crashed my buddies, bought and crashed mine.

• Like 2