Losing my mind!

kreed

Restoring a 65 and for the life of me can’t figure out when these two support brackets go. Stupidly didn’t label them when removed thinking it would be obvious .Thought they were alternator/compressor support but can’t make them work there . And not steering pump for sure. Any help/clues  would be greatly appreciated . Probably something very obvious but gotta block right now. Thanks 

KReed

ROA 14549

ECA40970-BE2E-4632-AF18-ECE52D9D61ED.jpeg

9E2E7351-95BD-4011-9F03-04DA6787F67C.jpeg

Thanks Ed - checked that and cant make it work. The car was in pieces when I got it with several boxes of parts - that’s my excuse and sticking with it! I’ll put my other 65 on a lift and see if I can figure it out ..thanks 

KReed

ROA 14549

I have a 65 Gran Sport in about the same condition. Body on chassisis and boxes and shelves filled with parts.  Once you get yours sorted out, I'll inventorymine and you can tell me what I'm missing and what goes where. 😁

14 hours ago, kreed said:

Thanks Ed - checked that and cant make it work. The car was in pieces when I got it with several boxes of parts - that’s my excuse and sticking with it! I’ll put my other 65 on a lift and see if I can figure it out ..thanks 

KReed

ROA 14549

Try checking again Ken...holds the end of the intermediate shift rod, the other end of the rod goes into a hole in the frame w/nylon bushing. Take a look in the shop manual for the trans linkage adjustement and you`ll probably find another perspective,

Tom

65 trans linkage.jpg

Edited by 1965rivgs (see edit history)

Aha! You’re brilliant Ed and Tom .  That’s it. One down and one to go . Thanks to everyone. Next time I won’t assume I know where things go when putting back together. Seems like every time I take something apart, I always have a few things left over 😀😀...bolts, nuts, screws , etc .  Appreciate all the help. 
KReed

ROA 14549

2 minutes ago, kreed said:

Aha! You’re brilliant Ed and Tom .  That’s it. One down and one to go . Thanks to everyone. Next time I won’t assume I know where things go when putting back together. Seems like every time I take something apart, I always have a few things left over 😀😀...bolts, nuts, screws , etc .  Appreciate all the help. 
KReed

ROA 14549

I hope that`s not how things play out when you`re on the job!

Tom

• Haha 1