hasard warning flasher

cquisuila

1 hour ago, cquisuila said:

hopefully...but it is possible perhaps to install a switch using the flasher in the fuse box ? ELECTRIC diagram perhaps ?

Here are a couple of examples of the type of 4-way flasher that you could add to your car. They can be mounted under or in the dash.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/224373970041?hash=item343dbb1479:g:GXEAAOSwbuFgQUD2

https://www.ebay.com/itm/184785960173?hash=item2b0619fced:g:qKUAAOSwIV1gghY5

Bill

Edited by Riviera63
revise text (see edit history)

GM offered accessory flashers through their dealer network for a period of time before they became standard equipment in 1967.  You can see them listed in vintage accessory brochures with pictures.  My 1966 Corvette has one that was dealer installed when the car was new.  They are usually fitted under the dash and the knob will flash red when it is activated by pulling it out.  

3 minutes ago, cquisuila said:

it is a pity ;)

They are plentiful on e-bay. Many vendors will ship overseas. The first one I listed will ship to France. The second one ships overseas but, did not list France. They might if you ask. E-bay makes it very easy for a seller to ship overseas. I have sent many parts to different locations in Europe. 

Bill

Hello, actually over the years ,i have fitted  about  3 hazard light switches to Buicks, and European classics,

the last was a  65 Riviera i sold about 7 years ago, the reason is  simple,--- it is a high  safety  requirement i believe,

in my opinion  , and it  is so easy to fit,   most times i fitted under the dash--just left of steering column ,

I actually  i am going to do the same on  my current Electra Convertible   ASAP.

A photo of the last i purchased ebay  while back.--- and it worked  marvelous.

i realize its not  authentic----i dont mind that.

001.JPG

002.JPG

• Like 2

7 hours ago, cquisuila said:

yes i will look for

thanks !!

Hello  ,  cquisuila   when you  obtain one,   dont hesitate to ask ---re fitting  very easy,

there is a few for sale now, all have the built in flasher, most have clamp stile connectors ,and 

at end of wire for connecting,-and built in fuse,--most  times  only require  4 wires to connect, black ---ground,

red for  power , and although there is 4 wires for actual lights  only usually have to  connect   2 wires,

use a  cheap test light from the  behind the light switch, fit one first then check for front or rear, then do the last

one.--power can go from cigarette lighter  wire, or back from fuse box.--.

photo of the last one i purchased ebay US--it was a japanese one, when fitted --you only see the red flashing light

they work great   and  safe help from being rear ended.----regards.

P1090929.JPG

P1090930.JPG

12 hours ago, RivVrgn said:

Had one in my 65 but, what I thought was strange is four of the six wires are red. Hmm. Did not work though, the flasher relay on the end was missing.

hello

What's your price with delivery to France -Mont de Marsan city please ?

Thank you

Philip

Edited by cquisuila
modif (see edit history)

9 hours ago, cquisuila said:

hello

What's your price with delivery to France -Mont de Marsan city please ?

Thank you

Philip

sorry Philip, i'm hanging on to this one. I did see a few on eBay though. there are different model numbers, not sure if that matters. there is one of these (no. 127) on there for $75 and I think he ships worldwide. The challenge would be the wiring. what wire goes where.   Joey

It was hooked up on my car, i just didn't want to leave it. It was spliced into the wires under the dash and mounted left of the steering column. It has the ends that pierce the wires and slide the rubber boot over it. Did not pay attention were the wires went because i wasn't going to use it in there. 

• 1 month later...

I purchased an NOS Roberk Model 800 flasher back in March. Had it installed yesterday. Mounted under the dash to the right of the steering column. There was one hex screw there already so mounting was easy and close to the 4 turn signal wires going to the turn signal switch. Looks nice and clean. Works like a charm. 

Bill

Hazard Flasher.jpg

IMG_7351.JPG

IMG_7352.JPG

• Like 1

You will be able to find aftermarket emergency light flasher here in europe as well. Bosch and Hella have them for vintage cars. Just be careful, there a special ones for US classic cars which do not have separate yellow flash lights, but using brake light as well. 

2A784DED-1AAB-40F0-A418-4D7FCD5AC55B.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 4/27/2021 at 8:48 PM, RivNut said:

Four wires, four corner bulbs. A 12V + from a BAT source and a ground. If it were me, I’d be extending the four wires to the bulbs. Trying to hack into that flat wire that runs under the the seats and carpet could only lead to trouble.

Why do you say you need 4 NEW corner bulbs ? you can't use the existing lights ?

I wasn’t saying get four new bulbs. I was saying there are four red wires and four bulbs - in your car. Because all four flash simultaneously, there is no need to run a certain red wire to a certain corner wire. Just attach any red wire to any corner wire. A fused hot wire and a ground wire to the switch and you’re in business.

• Like 1

For a short time I worked on some classic vehicles for a temp job for a friend that basically does newer work. He didnt have time to screw around with the old cars. ...anyway, I remember making a hazard flasher in the harness but cant remember how we did it.. Just patched in a flasher on the output to the park lites and added a switch I think.  Its been about 6-7 years so I cant remember exactly. 

6 hours ago, EmTee said:

Install something like this: https://www.ebay.com/itm/165128840722?hash=item2672722612:g:8bwAAOSw8i5haHtf

This would be era-appropriate for your car and function as expected.

I agree and I think that if it's anything like the ones at the front of this thread, the unit includes a flasher so you don't have to wire into the flasher for your turn signals.  Easy peasy.

• Like 1

I did this and added a discrete 3rd high mounted stop lamp. Lots to consider after finally sourcing a 4-pole switch. The circuit above is off the direction signal fuse, a switched source. I would think you'd want 4-ways operable off of a live 12V feed.

I recall my push/pull switch was sourced from American auto wire. All those on ebay kits are old stock from days gone by.

• Thanks 1

You will notice in the wiring diagram for the unit above, the 12V is coming from a BAT source (not an IGN source.) in the diagram that cquisuila posted earlier, the 12V is coming from the ignition switch. To get the flashers to work in this scenario, anytime you would want four way flashers, you would have to leave your ignition switch on all the time.