1969 Buick Electra Convertible

This is Ron Mooney's 1969 Buick Electra Convertible. Ron affectionately referred to his car as "Biggest Red". Ron's wife would like to sell the car to a Buick enthusiast who would appreciate this car. Ron bought this car about 15 years ago in East Williston Long Island. As far as I know, it is all or mostly original. I remember Ron taking this car to his best body guy for some minor cosmetic paint work. It is a looker. It runs and rides great. There are 114,000 miles on the original 430. Ron regularly drove this car before his passing in December of 2019. It has been garaged since then. The car is located in Pawleys Island, South Carolina. Pawleys Island is about 30 miles south of Myrtle Beach. I'll post an e mail for Josephine Mooney in case anyone would like to contact her to see the car. Her e mail is jozeymoze@gmail.com. Asking price is 18,000.00 Any questions can be posted here. I asked Josephine to look for any paperwork Ron may have had for the car. This is a nice car as you will see in the pictures.

RonsConv1.jpg

RonsConv2.jpg

RonsConv4.jpg

RonsConv9.jpg

RonsConv11.jpg

Engine Comp.jpg

Odometer.jpg

RonsConv10.jpg

• Like 6

Having owned the LeSabre version back in 1973-1980 this is always what I wanted to upgrade to. Red with a Black top. When the ship came in that is.....A few row boats came and went but never a ship.

img20210422_11055850.jpg.06fcf21dc387d32feef75b294b161fb6.jpg            img20210422_11072080.jpg.80f5c537feca2a699af2b3d6e7a43d59.jpg

Summer 1976 with my future bride.             And her sisters. Me with hair and a blue leisure suit.

I still have the road wheels. Ever hopeful.

• Like 6

3 hours ago, DudeAbides said:

I want to explore this - please call - 502-641-2153 - Ken Martin

Ken, 

You should contact the owner directly at the email in the ad above, she is not a member here, this was posted by a member as a lead in the "NOT MINE" section.

Edited by cjp69 (see edit history)

On 4/25/2021 at 12:39 PM, DudeAbides said:

I want to explore this - please call - 502-641-2153 - Ken Martin

So, Ken, are you the happy new owner?

I like the red paint with red interior.  Much more

often, such a model would be seen with a black interior.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2021 at 10:17 AM, dibarlaw said:

Me with... a blue leisure suit.

So that's why she married you! 😄 Great looking family (in-laws) and very cool Buick. We all get rid of great cars that we wish we had back, so don't feel too bad.