Information on 1921 Oakland

tudor26

I just bought a 1921 Oakland, Model 34C I believe. The car is unrestored, mostly complete and a good solid car. However, I do need a generator and a replacement brush cap for the starter. I am sure I will need more items as I start the restoration. Any information on the generator such as make & model would help.

I also have a question concerning the cone clutch. The previous owner had started to replace the cone clutch with a modern flat clutch. He told me that the cone clutches would grab. I notice the original clutch lining is leather. Are there modern materials, such as Kevlar, that might work better and improve the operation of the cone clutch? Or would I be better off to finish the conversion to the flat plate clutch?

I thank you for any advice or suggestions you can give me.

Dave

Edited by tudor26
spelling (see edit history)

You need to talk to Andy Wise 302-245-7276  He will be able to answer your questions and fix your clutch.  Also, there is an Oakland Club with lots of info available.  Call Steve Cook 636-458-6729  Good luck!

tudor26,  Hi, I can reline your cone clutch with Kevlar.   Call me to talk about your car,   It is $350.00 plus shipping to reline your clutch on the Oakland

302-245-7276    andygarage@comcast.net   Andy Wise

3 hours ago, startergenrebuilder said:

Your generator should be a Remy 911-A

Are you missing the generator all together?

By Starter Brush Cap are you referring to the cover band or end housing?

I can help you with these items.

-Jason

Hi Jason,

Do you have the capability to repair distorted pot metal end castings on a Delco Model O-F?  (1922 Stutz)

Thanks,

Bob

hello Jason,

thanks for the information.

i am missing the complete generator.

My starter looks good except for the potmetal end cap. Thr sheet steel band is also missing but i am not too worried about that.

Dave