Joseph Weidenhoff bench generator tester for motorcycles model #373

Hello: I have a Joseph Weidenhoff inc. Chicago, Ill. bench generator tester model # 373 from the 1940's, I'm looking for information on where I can get a service, manual parts manual and any other information on this machine. It is for testing the generators on old motorcycles. It does say Harley Davidson on the panel and also has another model number of 11833-47.  I would be more than happy to pay for a copy of manuals if anyone might have them. I've included some pictures of the machine.

DSCF8136 (800x451).jpg

DSCF8137 (800x451).jpg

DSCF8140 (800x451).jpg

DSCF8141 (800x451).jpg

DSCF8138 (800x451).jpg

DSCF8142 (800x451).jpg

• Like 3

Douglas, I know just enough about old Harleys to be dangerous. I don’t know a specific source for manuals and more information for that lovely machine, but there are a couple of active vintage Harley forums that might target your question to an audience who could come up with your answer.   Be prepared for every one person who may try and help you there, there will be five guys who offer to buy it from you. 

if you strike out there, there are a couple destination websites for Sun Analyzers, and I suspect if you post something there, you have found the right audience to maybe get  some help. 

a quick search shows some conflicting info about weidenhoff equipment. Was in Chicago, then sold or absorbed by Sun Analyzer, or Snap On, or Bowser........ depending on what source you believe. 

good luck. If you decide to move it, you won’t have any trouble finding a buyer.  Many guys out here with a weakness for this type of stuff........  I know one of them real well!       :)

• Like 1

Thats a cool old machine, def people interested in that kind of stuff, but I dont think it is a Harley Davidson, official or otherwise machine. My guess someone in the shop at one time or another slapped a HD sticker on it, may be a tank decal. I used to have a bit of knowledge on the decals and eras but have forgotten twice what I learned!  

• Like 1

It’s real and it’s an official Harley-Davidson item. 

You could order it through Harley-Davidson. See the attached photo from a 1947 catalog.

These are quite rare. They were very expensive and it seems not many were sold and of those, fewer survived all of these years. 

Search the Antique Motorcycle Club of America’s Facebook page for “generator tester.” There was one of these shown and discussed earlier this month and documentation was posted, including the photo I’ve attached here.

1A6C2F64-70C0-4AF1-945C-45D99C7F7626.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thank you all so much for the information, I sure would like to be able to find a service and other manuals on this. Thanks again and I'll keep trying, my buddy and I have worked on it had the motor all checked out and know this machine is working great.