Snook's Dream Cars, Bowling Green Ohio

In October 2019, I attended a convention in Maumee, Ohio. My entire family made a vacation out of it and while there we took a trip to Snook's Dream Cars in Bowling Green, Ohio. It's a smaller museum but it's still got a lot of great things to look at. 

2v2EjQWJrx2zUmm.jpg

Memorabilia also.

2v2EjQFhMx2zUmm.jpg

They actually drive the cars. The owner of the museum was out for a ride in his 1957 Chevrolet when we arrived, and yes, it got rained on. This is not a museum where the cars don't run. 

2v2EjQFBdx2zUmm.jpg

It's also a garage that does some restoration and repair. This 1938 Ford pickup was getting refurbished while we were there.

2v2EjQyf5x2zUmm.jpg

They have a map of all the cars made in Ohio. I show the region I'm familiar with, and where Snook's is. Unfortunately my photo of the entire map was too blurry to post.

2v2Ejb2Rox2zUmm.jpg

Finally, the cars! (I don't get into the room with the cars until photo #331)

2v2Ejbc78x2zUmm.jpg

That was the first Kaiser Darrin I had ever seen, so that was quite a thrill for me. I saw my second in 2020.

2v2EjbcqMx2zUmm.jpg

2v2EjbP3rx2zUmm.jpg

This Pontiac is a replica of the car that the museum founder (who has passed away, his son runs it now) bought for himself after serving in WWII.

2v2Ejb4Qjx2zUmm.jpg

While we were in the museum, the skies opened up, and the ride back to the motel up I75 was one of the hardest rains I've ever experienced on the road.

2v2E8bEeux2zUmm.jpg

I took over 600 photos at the museum: Snook's Dream Cars album | El Camino Billy | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

• Like 3