Location of crank & cam sensors on 2016 Jeep Compass 2.0L engine

A friend owns this vehicle, I am assisting in trying to find cause of intermittent engine stumbling and dying. The vehicle has over 110K miles on odometer. Someone else has already replaced throttle-body complete with sensors which I don't think has any relevance on this problem.

Does this engine have cam and crank sensors, if so, location PLEASE.

Check you tube for videos.  Cam sensor should be at Left rear top (by camshaft). Crank sensor is on flywheel end down behind. Looks like you can access from top. 

Are you getting any codes?

That’s a decent platform. It if isn’t tossing codes, I would check for a plugged fuel filter or low pump pressure. The regulator is in the tank if I remember correctly...........also hard to diagnose if intermittent. Long term fuel trim is also a good indicator of low pressure if the data is available. Intermittent running problems today can make you pull your hair out.......or sell the vehicle. 

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)

Thanks guys for the information and help. I just checked it today and found no codes whatsoever. I have been a MOPAR tech for 60 years, however I am retired now and trying to help a friend who depends on this vehicle, he is old too and on oxygen. The 80's ignition systems, though they could set codes, rarely did so for the distributor HALL pickup. Therefore I am suspecting something similar here. I did get the OK to get 2 new new sensors, considering these have gone over 110K miles. They are not that expensive.

I'll drop back by to give the results when I 'cure' this intermittent problem.

Cam and crank sensor will almost always set a misfire code. There are just too many sensors to start changing out things.........TPS should also be checked with a DVOM.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, edinmass said:

Cam and crank sensor will almost always set a misfire code. There are just too many sensors to start changing out things.........TPS should also be checked with a DVOM.

Unless you can obtain access to a scanner that will show live data.