Thunderbird restoration referral

Can anyone recommend a paint and body or full restoration service that is experienced in Thunderbird restoration? I'm looking specifically for anyone experienced with gen 4 1964-1966 convertibles. I'm finding a lot of shops do not want to mess with the complex power trunk on the convertibles. I am in the Kansas City, MO area, but am interested in any US shop.

034516DC-8D4E-43E2-AA72-57B1A2F370D8_1_201_a.jpeg

Do you belong to a national thunderbird club? I am sure there is one out there someplace. Car show season should be starting up, maybe hit up a couple and ask around. Any good shop will most likely be busy so you will have to be patient.  I can understand you broadening your search, and you very well may have to, but I would imagine you already know that the closer you are and the better for you.  Good Luck.

Hi. Are you familiar with Nick's Vintage Thunderbird Repair videos on youtube? He deals a lot with 4th gen T-Birds and I get the impression he focuses on them more than other generations.

Anyway, he restores them (and other cars) for a living in his shop in Colorado (Boulder, I believe.) He was originally in California. I can't speak firsthand for his restoration skills, but his videos have been very helpful to me and seem to convey a pretty in depth knowledge of early four seater T-Birds. And Colorado isn't too far from KC.

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)