Headliner - quick fix for small sags

This worked for me:

I know that some Reatta owners have had new cloth installed on their headliner. My headliner was sagging a bit, but it was not in need of replacement as it was sagging in the middle, but otherwise was in good shape.

To fix the sags in the middle, I did not have to remove my headliner. I simply removed the dome light bezel and carefully spayed 3M adhesive between the sagging cloth and the headliner 'board' I found the appropriate glue at Lowes in the glue aisle. I read the instructions on the can, and used appropriate safety measures. Ofter allowing the gule to set for a minute, I carefully pressed the cloth back onto the board, and then reassembled the dome light. Of course the headliner was not sagging right by the dome light, but I was able to carefully peel the cloth away from the board in that area.

Note: I removed the dome light bezel by removing two press on retainer clips with a pair of needle-nose pliers. The bulb and the contacts are not part of the bezel, and did not come out with the bezel. I removed the bulb, and covered the contacts with electical tape, to keep glue off them.

Guest Buick Mike

Hopefully that will work out better for you than it did for me. Mine lasted about two weeks then slowly started to sag again. The problem is that the sagging is caused by deterioration of the foam backing which just continues unless you get it all out. I'm back to the thumbtack look until I get the time to take it apart and get new material.

Mike

Guest llaramie

Upholstery screw tacks will work very nicely. They have clear-plastic head and a wire-screw body available at any fabric store. They work!. But a professional headliner repair is the way to go.

I tried using adhesive and it only worked for a few months. The foam backing keeps deteriorating. The only real fix is to have it done professionally. I took the headliner out and took it to an auto upholstery shop. The fixed it beautifully for $75. Worth every penny.