For Sale: 1955 DeSoto Firedome -"Own for 15 years"- "Extras included"- Grafton, MA - Not Mine - 4/25 Deleted

For sale on Facebook: 1955 DeSoto Firedome 4-door Sedan in Grafton, MA  -  $17,000  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/247877963750071/

Seller's Description:

1955 DeSoto Firedome 4-door Sedan

• Driven 75,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Green · Interior color: Green 

I have owned the car for 15 years. I am getting older and will be scaling down in the size of our house so I am hoping the car finds a good home. I prefer initially not to ship the car and so hoping that someone in the MA, NH, RI, or CT area is interested.

This car has been restored mechanically many additions, too many to list. This car might be rated a 3+ to 2 - if the club allowed such ratings 🙂. Sorry the video I took when linked together lost digital clarity. The car must be seen to appreciate one of the reasons I prefer someone locally . Many extra parts many that are NOS, manuals also of every variety. The extras ,by my best estimate would sell on EBay for around $5,000 or more by themselves. I am asking $17,000 for the car and all extra parts, manuals, memorabilia, as I said too many items included to list !! Contact me on messenger and I will send a full video and provide more info.

image.png.8b426871f7ba7ca0a71a0a902c7c27f7.png

image.png.e2bf6da73e31ed90a9028b5d0470ec5d.png

image.png.b33177445033356086b83378c462f096.png

image.png.bdcc0cc35e3321ed07db93752fe83ed9.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 4
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1955 DeSoto Firedome -"Own for 15 years"- "Must see - extras included"- Grafton, MA - Not Mine

Really need to see many more pics to determine if indeed this is a #2 condition car, like shots of the driver's side, rear of the car, engine & interior. Were those rocker panels replaced? Something before the rear wheel doesn't look quite right. I'd like to see the extra NOS parts & manuals that go with the car as well to see what makes them alone worth 5 grand. Usually the best parts were installed on the car. The old take-offs aren't worth as much. 

• Like 1

Sharp car, and long-term owners tend to take good care of their cars.

But long-term owners tend to add lot of dollar value to the parts and memorabilia they had collected over the years. Stuff they have fond memories of finding at the swap meet, etc. (ask me about my box of LaSalle hubcaps), but the buyer may not agree have value, or the room to store. And nobody wants to assume the chore of trying to sell stuff on eBay.

Nice car, but it could be a tricky negotiation.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, suchan said:

Sharp car, and long-term owners tend to take good care of their cars.

But long-term owners tend to add lot of dollar value to the parts and memorabilia they had collected over the years. Stuff they have fond memories of finding at the swap meet, etc. (ask me about my box of LaSalle hubcaps), but the buyer may not agree have value, or the room to store. And nobody wants to assume the chore of trying to sell stuff on eBay.

Nice car, but it could be a tricky negotiation.

I agree, some people try to put a price on sentiment, can't do it. Those memories have value to the seller alone. The future could be filled with fond memories made with this car, or nightmares of money thrown into a dry well.  

• Like 1

It's funny how some color combinations can make a four door sedan nearly as pretty as a two door, while others make a four door look heavy and utilitarian or lumbering. I could drive this pretty sedan proudly. This could be a nice car if it was priced several thousand dollars cheaper.

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1955 DeSoto Firedome -"Own for 15 years"- "Extras included"- Grafton, MA - Not Mine - 4/25 Deleted