Babbit

MICKTHEDIG

While you are shopping around, give Patrick Reeve a call. Reeve Enterprises, Cazenovia,  NY.

phone 315-663-1569,   Or   315-665-8812.  He and his father before him in the biz are long time fork and blade Lincoln and Cadillac owners, lovingly familiar with them as rebuilders. Patrick is particularly fond of the big Lincolns of the ‘20s, so you will have fun speaking with him. His young son is the third generation following in dad and granddads footsteps. He has just acquired a ‘21 Cadillac basket case. Totally dismantled car which was in VGC , (too bad it was taken apart- and I mean down to the last pin in the brakes - probably good it only has rear wheel brakes), before being made into a fun 3 dimensional jigsaw puzzle. Throw parts into the basket, and shake well ! Guess if you buy ‘em in baskets, better to have real good pieces to begin with. Sure, see if he remembers old man Cadillac Carl out in Washington State with the ‘24 and ‘27 Leland engined Cadillacs. Please ask him to give me a call when he has some spare time. Wondering how the ‘21 is coming along ?

Good luck with your Leland Lincoln, MICKTHEDIG  ! Please keep us informed as you make progress. A picture or two from time to time will be greatly appreciated too.     -   Old CC 

• Like 5

One other option is Pat Musante here in CT.  Pat's Restoration Services.  He does a lot of babbitt work on early Fords and other early vehicles.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.patsrestoration.com/&ved=2ahUKEwjns_rd9_vvAhWIdd8KHfCODI8QFjAAegQIBxAC&usg=AOvVaw2amhYyMoIVe8MhxqTCNk65&cshid=1618341496730

Edited by Steve_Mack_CT (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Flivverking said:

I think there is a place "JB's engine and machine" in Balitmore that restores antiques and everything else...call them and ask them what they can do or not?

JB's did the machine work for my 32 Cadillac. For the Babbitt, they ship to someone in PA. They do nice work. jbsautomachine.com