Factory Tool Kits

alsancle

I want to start a thread about factory tool kits.    I'm mostly obsessed with the different tool kits that Rolls Royce built in to their cars, but this thread can be for any factory tool roll.

What do you have for pictures?

This is a Phantom II Continental with the tool kit built in to the cowl.

1933-rolls-royce-phantom-ii-continental.jpg

This is an American delivery AJS series RR Phantom II.   Built in to the trunk.

IMG_7887.jpg

• Like 5

On the other end of 30s motoring, Model A.  At one time someone was making these display cases foe the A crowd.  As with the rest of the Model A, variants of tools that came with these cars are well documented.  This set goes with a national MARC fine point roadster out of Western MA.

20170806_114648.jpg

• Like 3

I apologize as I usually do a search before creating threads.   To my surprise I've duplicated another recent thread.   Losing my fastball.   Moderators can merge if they feel like it.

I've only seen one 540K tool roll in my life and this is it.   The collection that this is from is arguably the greatest private car collection in the world.

IMG_5337.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, alsancle said:

I apologize as I usually do a search before creating threads.   To my surprise I've duplicated another recent thread.   Losing my fastball.   Moderators can merge if they feel like it.

I've only seen one 540K tool roll in my life and this is it.   The collection that this is from is arguably the greatest private car collection in the world.

IMG_5337.jpg

Not really a duplication. My thread is aimed at Pre War Buick only. The Buick Master Parts Book actually gives a part number for various years tool kits and lists them as being supplied by Vlchek. So I think the Buick related thread should stand alone and not become diluted with Rolls Royce or other makes. 

• Like 2

On 4/12/2021 at 10:15 AM, alsancle said:

IMG_5337.jpg

I hate to ask what that alone is worth!

I just bought the latest copy of Sports Car Market.  The eWatch page states a kit for a 300SL sold for $17,850 on BaT.

Craig

10 hours ago, 8E45E said:

I hate to ask what that alone is worth!

I just bought the latest copy of Sports Car Market.  The eWatch page states a kit for a 300SL sold for $17,850 on BaT.

Craig

The toolkit goes in this car so you can only imagine:

https://buy.motorious.com/articles/news/308804/unique-1938-mercedes-benz-540k-wins-amelia-island-best-in-show

19 hours ago, ejboyd5 said:

Mercedes-Benz 1972 280 SE 4.5 (green bag) and 1985 380 SL (red bag).

1972 280 SE 4.5 Tool Kit.JPG

1985 380 SL Tool Kit.JPG

Ejboyd, your 380 SL toolbag is indentical or close to mine.  Sure seems like el cheapo finish on the tools, I picked up somd evaporust which is supposed to remove scale.  Your kit looks a bit better, assume plastic tool is for the fuses?

• 2 weeks later...

Hazet Volkswagen Tool Kit

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1957-1962-hazet-tool-kit/

This Hazet tool kit is said to have come from a Volkswagen Beetle that was owned by the seller’s father in the 1960s. The circular steel clamshell toolbox is designed to fit inside a spare wheel and features a blue felt liner. A diagram on the inside of its upper lid shows the arrangement of 12 Hazet tools, which include a lug wrench, a spark plug socket, pliers, screwdrivers, and double-ended wrenches. This Hazet tool kit is offered at no reserve in Ohio.

VolkswagenToolKit.jpg

I tape a show for the 4 Village Studio here on long island with my friend and fellow AACA member John Salemmo.  The name of the show is The Antique Road Test. 24 shows are available on line to see, and the one we taped a week ago was named "Tools of the Trade". if you go to : 4 Village Studio Floral Park, then once on their home page go to Watch Now on the tool bar, the latest show for the Antique Road Test will be listed and click on that and you can see the show.

The Franklin parts book in 1928 for the series 12 had the two pages shown here.

FRANKLINtoollist1928.jpg

FRANKlinTOOLs1928.jpg

Edited by Walt G (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I have a large drawer packed full of factory tool-kit tools. And a large collection of older tools, some of which are likely tool-kit tools...like McKaig-Hatch wrenches, etc. 

I've included a photo of tools I bought at a yard sale, and later traded for other tools. More photos later. 

Sigh. I've got to do a little downsizing...

IMG_1537.JPG