Diving into prewar....

The Buick guys are probably the most active "marque" specific posters on the forum.   But since you had a Roadmaster you probably already know that.

Cool car, resist the urge to take it apart the first day it is in your garage.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, alsancle said:

The Buick guys are probably the most active "marque" specific posters on the forum.   But since you had a Roadmaster you probably already know that.

Cool car, resist the urge to take it apart the first day it is in your garage.

Yea. I've been playing with Buicks since 2002. Joined here in 2006 I think?  But always been in mid-fifties cars.  This one will get stashed in the building (fully assembled) as I have another car and some home repairs ahead of it.

On 4/11/2021 at 6:34 PM, NC-car-guy said:

Just put a deposit on a 39 special 4dr sedan with side mounts..  What have I done....  I am an addict. 😃

Screenshot_2021-04-10-07-03-20~2.png

Good morning, and welcome to the 1930s

image.png.fa20847e6c8501a101307a2271e65da9.png

this era Buick, no matter the series, are dependable drivers, and in addition to BCA functions, are eligible for touring with VMCCA Glidden and Chrome Glidden tour, as well as AACA Founders and Sentimental tours. Looks like a neat addition to the neighborhood - congratulations !

Edited by Marty Roth (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I went from a 1954 Buick Special to a 1937 Century Model 61. I now own a 1937 Roadmaster 80C as well as a 1938 Century Model 61. The 1938 Century is for sale, but I don't have any plans to ever sell either of the 1937's. I would also suggest you consider joining the 36-38 Buick Club.

http://www.3638buickclub.org/

Despite the name, the club is open to all Straight 8 era Buicks. If you send me a private message with your email address, I will be happy to email you a sample .pdf copy of a recent 36-38 Buick Club newsletter. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Well....seller is having a hard time getting a title. Something to do with a specific PA tag law that caused it to get listed as scrapped when he dropped insurance and tags 10 years ago .  😯😒  seller has been trying though and offered my deposit back if I want out.

If it’s a good car......wait for him. Good cars are difficult to find. Don’t pull the trigger without a title.

• Like 1

PA registration laws are a mess.  I bought a 1957 Continental out of an estate sale in PA.  It was titled as a 1956 because all Mark II's serial numbers begin 56C****.

When I asked the lawyer how to get the title corrected he told me that you had to hire an investigator to go back and research the vehicle history and then hire a lawyer to take it to court and get a judge to rule on making the correction.  I left the title alone and registered it in Virginia as a 1956.  It wasn't worth the $5000 to get it corrected.  

Bob Engle

• Thanks 1

New York allows you to change things without a lawyer. I had a 1940 Buick, and NY state used the original engine number as the VIN but it didn't have the original engine anymore. I took photos of the frame number and NY changed the VIN no problem.  

• Like 1

Bob , you may have got duped . I had the the year changed on mine from incorrect 1925 to 1931 when i did transfer . As long as serial / vin  matched they made no fuss . Was prepared with documentation to prove . Notary said send nothing extra unless they ask for it . Worked for me in PA .