Fergus Motors NYC

Peter Zobian

Does anyone have the 1953 sales records for Car importers Fergus Motors of New York City? I have  a 1953 Morgan +4 roadster (NC), chassis #p2665, motor #V597ME, with a Fergus Motors ID plate #14045. I would love to know who was the first owner of this car. Can anyone help? Please send me a message.

My 1953 Morgan +4 roadster was imported to the US by Fergus Motors in NYC, and I purchased it as a used car in Flint, Michigan in 1965. At the time I was living in East Lansing, Michigan. So, I have owned it for 56 years, but still don't know who was the original owner. Morgan records do not show this.

MyMorgan.jpg

• Like 1

We restored it and painted it a 1949 Studebaker color I like, called "Tulip Creme", installed a new black interior by Barbara Willburn, had the original Standard Vanguard engine rebuilt by John Willburn. All new proper blackwall tires on original 16" wheels. and new chrome where needed. I have yet to install the wipers, and I also have a sheep-skin lined belt for the engine cover that I haven't installed. I also own a 1939 Lincoln Zephyr V-12 Sedan once owned by James Hetfield and a rare early 1936 "Slant-back" Ford Convertible Sedan, all restored, out of Texas.

zephyr5 (3).jpg

1ford-1936-2.jpg

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

peter - i have a 1952 MGTD which was also purchased from Fergus. had just one previous owner since 1967 until i acquired it in 2011. was wondering same thing about Fergus records.  were you able to find anything? my car would be late 1952/early 1953 sale.  thanks

Fergus must have had their fingers in a lot of makes. They were a Crosley dealership at least in the PreWar years, maybe to the end. I found this Fergus plate on a PreWar Crosley glovebox. It was lightly modified and have never been sure if it was done by the dealer or an owner along the way.

FergusCrosleyNamePlate-NY.jpg

I was recently trying to track down a Healey Westland that I had owned in the 70’s just to see if it still existed. One of 60 + built and only 3 or 4 brought to the US. I was told that Fergus Motors was the importer. I did connect with an early Healey authority that might be able to help. He was very knowledgeable of Healey’s that had come through Fergus. I can connect you if you PM me.

A picture of the Healey I once owned. Oh where oh where could it be?? Was sold to a gentleman in Naperville, IL.

194557A3-041C-4AD3-B592-EAA062578B97.jpeg

3A16D5D0-98F5-4B66-8521-2815C21FAD4E.jpeg

Edited by g-g-g0
Spelling (see edit history)