For Sale: 1982 Buick Riviera, rare cedar color, not mine

If you like to have a car that's not run-of-the-mill,

here's a 1982 Buick Riviera, not mine.  The color

was offered one year only and is seldom seen.

Even the interior matches the "cedar" color.

The seller is a dealer, Silver Creek Classics in

Maple Lake, Minnesota, and the asking price,

$12,950, is optimistic.  But the car looks very nice.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/buick/riviera/2472432.html#&gid=1&pid=2

The seller's phone number is (855) 884-3652, and 

the ad states:

"1982 Buick Riviera. One owner, ordered with every option, 100% Carfax, 73K actual miles, cold air, auto, overdrive, like a new original surviver! $12,950. Will Trade UP or DOWN. Bob 1-866-242-8076. ASK ABOUT FINANCING. WE OFFER OUR OWN NATIONWIDE SHIPPING AT A MUCH BETTER RATE! WE MAKE IT EASY View our entire inventory online: Classic442.com. Please Call Bob for availability.  Bob 1-866-242-8076."

78224371-770-0@2X.jpg?rev=10

78224375-770-0@2X.jpg?rev=10

78224383-770-0@2X.jpg?rev=10

78224390-770-0@2X.jpg?rev=10

78224399-770-0@2X.jpg?rev=10

78224401-770-0@2X.jpg?rev=10

78224436-770-0@2X.jpg?rev=10

78224373-770-0@2X.jpg?rev=10

Edited by John_S_in_Penna (see edit history)
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, John_S_in_Penna said:

Buick must have had some good designers back then.

Whoever designed the 1979-85 Rivieras deserves

an award.

This era Riviera was one of the last vehicles styled directly under the the supervision of William Mitchell, General Motors Vice President of Design. He was personally invested in the 1979 - 1985 styling, very proud of its execution, and without whom there would in all probability have been no Riviera after 1978.

I believe it is worth noting that the 1979 - 1985 Rivieras posted the high water mark production of any Riviera era, averaging well over 52,000 units per year.

Jim Vesely

ROA # 7437

BCA # 39477

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jim

Your points about production always fascinated me.  These were expensive cars.  Even after 6 years, people were still buying them largely unaltered. 

A couple of these nice 79-85 Rivieras have popped on here recently with Roberta's post and this one.  Interesting that both have the clothe interiors.  In my opinion, the leathers used in Rivieras and Eldorados in this period was among the softest, most comfortable ever seen in a GM car.  

My wife's new Blazer has leather seats and they are hard as a rock.  I thought the object of leather was softness and comfort.  

Anyway, cedar would be a great color to own for those of us not into white, black, grey, etc. 

Edited by B Jake Moran (see edit history)
  • Like 2

I love the color of this car but the interior has me questioning, it might just be the photography but there so strange color combinations going on, look at the rear seat picture and you have everything from brown to rust to burgundy, I am betting the headliner and the rear pillar cloth has been replaced and the color is off, can't think that many shades came from the factory, I have not seen this many shades on others I have looked at and driven,  The car is a real beauty overall 

On 4/11/2021 at 5:16 AM, B Jake Moran said:

Jim

Your points about production always fascinated me.  These were expensive cars.  Even after 6 years, people were still buying them largely unaltered. 

A couple of these nice 79-85 Rivieras have popped on here recently with Roberta's post and this one.  Interesting that both have the clothe interiors.  In my opinion, the leathers used in Rivieras and Eldorados in this period was among the softest, most comfortable ever seen in a GM car.  

My wife's new Blazer has leather seats and they are hard as a rock.  I thought the object of leather was softness and comfort.  

Anyway, cedar would be a great color to own for those of us not into white, black, grey, etc. 

Thanks B Jake!

14 hours ago, Y-JobFan said:

...look at the rear seat picture and you have everything from brown to rust to burgundy, I am betting the headliner and the rear pillar cloth has been replaced and the color is off... 

I noticed that too, Y-Job, and I think you're right.

The foam that backs the headliners from this decade

deteriorates, and the attached cloth often sags.

I suppose the upholstery shop couldn't locate the 

correct color. 

• Like 1