Jim Richardson, Hemming's Contributor

f.f.jones

After many years, Jim Richardson's column has vanished from Hemming's Classic Car Magazine without an editorial word. Does anyone know why? Is Jim OK? Is his column returning?

Contributors have a way of disappearing from Hemming's without a trace...

As I mentioned in the HMN thread, there has been a bit of a staff shake-up within the organization, including Jim Donnelly as well.

What happened to HCC writer Jim Donnelly? - General Discussion - Antique Automobile Club of America - Discussion Forums (aaca.org)

I do know Bob Palma will continue doing his regular columns in HCC, as was as an article or two in the new Crankshaft magazine as he is a paid contributor per article, not a staff member of either publication.

Craig

Say it isnt so. Hem CCars was about the only magazine that I look forward to.   Up until a couple of years ago I got Classic Car, Muscle Machines and The Big Book. I did notice there was a bit of crossover between the three. Some in editorial and some in content. This was about the time they did away with their European car magazine (which I didnt get).  When they announced they were shuttering one and combining it with the classic cars, I figured the writing was on the wall. I was planning on talking with them at Carlisle regarding subscriptions.

IMHO, Crankshaft is way better than Hemmings these days. I grew up with Hemmings and frequently read it as a child, but it’s just not what it used to be. 

OTOH, Crankshaft may not have car ads (don’t we all look online now anyway?), but it has beautiful page stock and photos along with several articles about all kinds of cars that are sure to peak almost anyone’s interest. Also of note is that the advertising is kept to a minimum. It’s truly a classy publication and I encourage everyone here to subscribe. 

• Like 2