For Sale: 1968 Buick Electra 225 Convertible -"Runs down the road perfectly"- Milwaukee, WI - Not Mine - 11/15 Back on Market & Contact Info

For sale on Facebook: 1968 Buick Electra Convertible in Milwaukee, WI  -  $19,500  -  Must be a member of Facebook to access Seller's contact information.

Link: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/753712245330398/

Seller's Description:

1968 Buick Electra Convertible

• Very good condition
  • Driven 121,000 miles
  • Automatic transmission
  • Exterior color: Brown · Interior color: Tan

Runs down the road perfectly. New battery, tires, rear end w/new bearings, brake cylinders, shoes, front end redone by Frame and Alignment. Trans serviced. All original w/ 1 repaint. Some chips and scratches in the paint. I will get more pics later.

PLEASE, do not email, text, send ANY OFFERS without seeing car. I won't respond. Phone calls preferred, [hidden information]. But Facebook doesn't post numbers in original ad. If you message me with your phone number I'll know you're interested.

image.png.a46317fd0d7e2874d2a114fc212137de.png

image.png.a2164220c65331218194d356f32eeba5.png

image.png.7d207c74a2ac410da049b309d02e415e.png

Edited by 6T-FinSeeker
update status (see edit history)
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

For some reason, 1969 and 1970 Electra convertibles

are seen all the time;  but other years, like this, much

less so.  This appears to be a very nice car, and the

pricing isn't far off either.  I even like the brown, since

I like cars that offer something different.

Fin Seeker, you keep the "Not Mine" cars an interesting

topic!  You and Mr. 58L essentially started an entire

new active category on our forum.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1968 Buick Electra Convertible -"Runs down the road perfectly"- Milwaukee, WI - Not Mine - 4/15 Photos!

Nice car and good to see some honest pictures, the body does look fantastic... I parked beside a twin of this car at the 2007 Nationals in Bellevue Washington, but that car was a restored example.  When I saw the first couple of pictures, I thought this may be the same car, but the latest photos proves it is not.  Values of these have been climbing a bit, so good luck to the seller.  

• Like 2

I wonder whether the upper door panels

are correct.  They appear to have been redone,

with a seam (welting) all around that doesn't

look like something Buick would have done.

But it still looks like a very nice car.

I don't have specific knowledge;  this is just an

overall impression.  What do others think?

17 hours ago, 6T-FinSeeker said:

image.png.f31056dbe26baa98a46282476bb47295.png

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1968 Buick Electra Convertible -"Runs down the road perfectly"- Milwaukee, WI - Not Mine - 11/15 Back on Market

On 11/15, Seller listed on Craigslist for $19,600  -  Call Paul: 414 444 45 three four

Link: https://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/d/milwaukee-1968-buick-electra-225/7408390420.html

Seller's Description:

1968 Buick Electra 225 Convertible

• VIN: 484678H100465
  • condition: good
  • cylinders: 8 cylinders
  • transmission: automatic
  • odometer: 116,034
  • paint color: brown
  • title status: clean

This car is all stock, original. It looks like it had one repaint. I bought it out of an estate about 7 years ago from the original owners. I had the transmission flushed and filled with synthetic fluid. Engine also has full synthetic since I've owned it. New water pump and alternator. The front end has been completely gone through and aligned by Accurate Auto Alignment. Rear end was gone through with new bearings, seals, brake cylinders, shoes, drums, and filled with Royal Purple fluid. (Frame and Axle in Butler) Front brakes and cylinders are new. Everything in the car works, except for the clock in the dash. Car is very good driver quality with a few scratches in the paint and wear on the convertible top as shown in the pictures.

• I would drive this car anywhere. My brother and I just did a road trip to Myrtle Beach South Carolina in June with no issues. Wait, I had to replace the alternator after the bearings in it started to go bad. Was back on the road in half an hour! Car gets 16 MPG on the highway!
  • I know you would enjoy this car. 414 444 four five three four

Please, due to scams, phone calls only. Do not text or email offers. I know that a truly interested party will want to have a conversation. Thanks.

image.png.b86c0d38dc71c4e8ec7872600ef712a5.png

image.png.e512a3d4b13bb55a6bb45fc56133b22c.png

image.png.703cd8383fb83dadfb2380611627a435.png

image.png.a1c7ffed9268b0e78b64cf16bd4291d3.png

image.png.c534dbad1b4ac43fc465d30db9093eee.png

• Like 2

• 6T-FinSeeker changed the title to For Sale: 1968 Buick Electra 225 Convertible -"Runs down the road perfectly"- Milwaukee, WI - Not Mine - 11/15 Back on Market & Contact Info

I personally like the tone of the seller in his comments/ad.  He seems forthright.   I agree with the other comments about the year.  I owned a 1969 Electra convertible, you see a fair amount of those and 1970's.   But 67-68 or for that matter - 65-68 Electra convertibles are rare. 

My friend Roy Faries has a 1965 or 66 Electra convertible.  

There is just nothing wrong with them in my opinion.  I can find no bad styling in this era.  You want a 60's convertible.  The open feeling you get is incredible.   Watching fireworks, or an approaching thunderstorm. 

But I'm not sure I want to pay close to $20,000 for one, especially one with 117,000 miles.  I appreciate he dropped some money into the suspension, but 117,000 miles for a 430 is about it.  I would even consider getting the transmission and driveshaft rebuilt.   It may be fine for a while longer, but I would feel better pulling the drivetrain and rebuilding it.  

And I suspect he was in the right place at the right time when he bought it, and it appears it will need a new top in the next few years.  When you add to the fact he has enjoyed it for 7 + years, I think the price on this one is $12,000 to $14,000 all the money.  

Edited by B Jake Moran (see edit history)
  • Like 1