JO BO, The car is a 1948 Ford Promotional model made of slush cast by Master Caster. Other Companies that also made slush cast promos were National Products, and Banthrico. The Ford that you have was available as a regular passenger car in Ford factory colors. They also produced Fords as Fire Chief cars, Taxis, and Police cars. Repro wheels, axles and hubs are available. You have a very rare car , worthy of a a restoration. Thanks. John

• Like 1
On 4/10/2021 at 9:05 AM, TerryB said:

Anything on the bottom?  The hub cap has what looks like a Hudson emblem on it.

No just a thin plate of aluminum in the middle attached to aluminum body. Thanks

6 hours ago, John S. said:

JO BO, The car is a 1948 Ford Promotional model made of slush cast by Master Caster. Other Companies that also made slush cast promos were National Products, and Banthrico. The Ford that you have was available as a regular passenger car in Ford factory colors. They also produced Fords as Fire Chief cars, Taxis, and Police cars. Repro wheels, axles and hubs are available. You have a very rare car , worthy of a a restoration. Thanks. John

Thanks so much for the detailed information . May I have a source for the axle/wheels please? What do you think value would be even though it isn’t a for sale item? Thanks again

JO BO , since all of the toy shows were cancelled  this past yearbecause of the virus, I would check  Ebay.  If I find anything I will let you know. John

John Thanks so much really hope to find the wheels with those little triangle shaped hubs if they are out there so it matches. I am trying to help an older gal who loves the car and would like to see it complete.  Jo Bo

JO BO , if you look on Ebay, there are several sets of tires and axles for the Ford. Look under Master Caster wheels and axles. Hope this helps. John

• Like 2