30 Pontiac water pump dimensions

SDLARS

My 30 seems to cooling properly now but I ran across this item on eBay and am wondering if the impeller might be the same dimensions. Mine is in the car but has a partially broken vane. Anyone have a spare one they could take some measurements on? The seller provided the following: impeller - 3 1/8", shaft .45 inch, fan mounting pulley - 2 1/4". The kit packaging says it's for a 33-36 Pontiac. 

Also, are the pump vanes supposed to face the block or the radiator? 

Thanks!

The parts book is unclear on impellers for ‘30 and I didn’t think that later impellers will fit based on the parts book data.  The vanes should face the block on a splithead pumps.  Depending on how bad the imperfection is on the impeller, I have used JB Weld to fix with some success.  The impellers seem to always have some pitting and I have used it like filler on them to smooth out the vanes and help flow (how much I don’t know).  The parts book does show that the bodies of the pump are the same from mid ‘29 (engine number 490158) through ‘31.  They changed in ‘32 to have a distribution pipe that brings water to the rear head for better cooling.  If my memory serves me correctly the impellers from about mid ‘29 through ‘32 are actually the same.

I checked the impeller I have in the shop and it is slightly less than 3” and the shaft is .5.

Hope this helps.

I checked the parts book and did not find the impeller listed as an individual part for the 30. I'm still curious since the diameter and shaft size are the same. I assume Impeller thickness would be the other critical dimension. Looks like a somewhat different vane design.