Carter WCD 2-Bbl Pump Relief Valve

Although my carburetor was rebuilt I continued to have problems with inconsistent accelerator pump shots. I think I finally found the culprit, a small part called a "pump relief valve". The Pontiac shop manual says to "Suck on slotted side of pump relief valve (eight cylinder models) to see that ball is seating air tight". See item #41 in the exploded view.

Mine just won't seat no matter how I soak and clean it. It's not air tight in either direction so a portion of the pump shot can leak by it. I can force it to seat temporarily by pushing a pin from the opposite side but it won't reseat by itself.

Not surprising, this is not a stocked replacement part so I'm in search of a good used one. My Catalina is a '53 8-cyl w/Hydra-matic but these Carter WCD 2-Bbl carbs were widely used throughout the 40s, 50s and even 60s. Anyone have a parts carburetor that can help me out?

Carter WCD Exploded View.jpg

Pump Discharge Relief Valve.jpg

Obviously I've been checking with the wrong suppliers. Carbking has the part. Thanks Jon for the info. As you suggested I'll soak the valve in vinegar to see if that helps before ordering a replacement.