Buick Downunder 1960 Electra 225 Headlining & rear alloy fender trim

Greetings from Australia..I'm Dave, my first post and new to these type of forums but I have been involved in antique (or vintage cars here) and classic cars, for nearly 40 years..

From 28,32 Dodges & 37,38 Chev sedans, 67 impala, early and late ford trucks 40, 46 jailbars, 69, 71 ford pickups..loads in between.. can't remember them all! Just love fixing or playing around with them. 

A few snapshots of the 1960 Buick Electra 225 which is taking up premium real estate in my workshop.. I'm a heavy transport diesel mechanic now, but started turning spanner on all sorts of automobiles. I have recently overhauled mechanically, the Buick and has just hit the road! All good so far. A pleasure to drive, but just ironing out a few hiccups. So a question, for anyone who may like to share the knowledge to assist? It would be very much appreciated. Chasing to buy a new interior headlining in the brushed cloth material, grey or taupe in color and it is the one to suit 7 bows. Also need LH Rear alloy fender trim, end piece.

Many thanks & Cheers Dave

IMG_20201227_171426483 (2)_LI.jpg

IMG_20201227_171048254 (2)_LI.jpg

IMG_20201227_171922699 (2).jpg

IMG_20201227_171559426 (2).jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

G'day Dave,

You will find plenty of good people on this Forum who are knowledgeable and always ready help. Your Buick looks great, but how come it took you so long playing with other makes until you discovered some real class!

In Australia we have strong  Buick Clubs in W.A., NSW, Vic and Qld. Suggest you look into joining the Qld Club

http://buickcarclubaustralia.com/

We all combine and have an Australian National Meet every 2nd year. The next is due to be held in NSW in 2022 which will also celebrate the NSW Club 50th anniversary.

Edited by 50jetback (see edit history)
  • Thanks 1
22 hours ago, 50jetback said:

G'day Dave,

You will find plenty of good people on this Forum who are knowledgeable and always ready help. Your Buick looks great, but how come it took you so long playing with other makes until you discovered some real class!

In Australia we have strong  Buick Clubs in W.A., NSW, Vic and Qld. Suggest you look into joining the Qld Club

http://buickcarclubaustralia.com/

We all combine and have an Australian National Meet every 2nd year. The next is due to be held in NSW in 2022 which will also celebrate the NSW Club 50th anniversary.

Hi Dave,

welcome to the Buick forum!

What he said.

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀

Thanks Guys...looking forward to getting out and about in the 'big baby' to asap.

And thanks for the event details. Just gotta tinker with everything..But my first encounter with a Buick was 30 years ago in Snyder, Texas.

38' Convertible & one crazy owner, my mate Art..Who to this day @ 88 is still in love with his fleet of mostly

post war cars...but gets time to kick over his original A model just to mix things up👍Dave