Jump to content

1954 Buick For Sale. This Is A WOW


Recommended Posts

Not my car.

 

I was so overwhelmed by this Buick Super I had to pass it on.

 

Check out the web site.

Link below.

 

1954 Buick Super Riviera 322/236HP V8 2 Door Hardtop Stock # 4939 for sale near Torrance, CA | CA Buick Dealer (thewestcoastclassics.com)

 

78559942-770-0@2X.jpg?rev=2

 

 

 

 

 

 

Edited by Dave Gelinas (XP-300) (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

That sure is a beauty! 

 

Unfortunately it looks like they touched up under the hood and chassis by masking off the big stuff and then spray-bombing it in black, painting over bolts, straps, etc.

Edited by lancemb (see edit history)
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this shop and from the cars I have seen they seem to have decent quality.  But that over a year and a half ago.  That price is quite outlandish if I may say....

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

$42K?  I think this is quite ambitious.  Nice car all the same.  I like the color combo. 

1 hour ago, Dave Gelinas (XP-300) said:

The steering wheel looks incorrect to me.

 

It appears to be the flexible steering wheel offered in 54.   $42k is very ambitious. 

 

Edited by avgwarhawk (see edit history)
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, lancemb said:

That sure is a beauty! 

 

Unfortunately it looks like they touched up under the hood and chassis by masking off the big stuff and then spray-bombing it in black, painting over bolts, straps, etc.

My '64 Riviera had a used car lot detail job like that under the hood. No big deal. I came home from a car show after I had owned it about 12 years and got out a can of lacquer thinner, a soft cloth, and by the end of the week I had removed a few of the things in the way of cleaning the wire ends.

002.png.60f91b84fde3d074b03c87787fdb2fd1.png

Edited by 60FlatTop (see edit history)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping to see the data plate, I'm betting it originally had an Arctic White roof and I personally would have gone back same, to accentuate the roof line and coordinate with the whitewalls.  For anywhere near that money it would need to have another porthole and be a 400 point Gold Senior car, I'm not even seeing Silver. But I agree @Dave Gelinas (XP-300) it is a beauty.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely beautiful car, but I agree with Lamar on the paint suggestion. The first thing that drew my attention was the roof line, beautiful design.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Beautiful car!  
 

I don’t know these very well, so I have a question for the ‘50s Buick experts: do the rockers and lower fenders look right?  Should there be vertical seams on the rockers? 
 

Things seem a little wavy and just “off” to me.  As if there’s a lot of filler there. I would want to put a magnet on those sections for sure. 
 

- John

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MrEarl said:

I was hoping to see the data plate, I'm betting it originally had an Arctic White roof and I personally would have gone back same, to accentuate the roof line and coordinate with the whitewalls.  For anywhere near that money it would need to have another porthole and be a 400 point Gold Senior car, I'm not even seeing Silver. But I agree @Dave Gelinas (XP-300) it is a beauty.

I agree also with going with a white roof. It absolutely would have accentuated the roof line.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/7/2021 at 10:22 AM, Gearheadengineer said:

Beautiful car!  
 

I don’t know these very well, so I have a question for the ‘50s Buick experts: do the rockers and lower fenders look right?  Should there be vertical seams on the rockers? 
 

Things seem a little wavy and just “off” to me.  As if there’s a lot of filler there. I would want to put a magnet on those sections for sure. 
 

- John

 

There is a seam at the front of doors at the rocker panel.  At the rear of the door at the rocker there is no seam.  However, the fender lowers behind the front wheels do not appear to line up very well.      

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...