favorite car based TV show??

If I had the money to have a "TV Show Shop" do a car it would be Grave Yard Cars, but I'm not into the cars they do, just enjoy the details Mark gets into to turn out a perfect car. Best show with the best fabricators has to be Bitchin Rides in Salt Lake City. I've seen a half dozen of their builds and the quality is equal to anything at Pebble Beach. Got to say the projects on Iron Reresection also turn out very well. 

Bob 

No, not Graveyard Cars. The owner, Mark is the most egotistical guy in the hobby. I don't like the way he talks to and makes sarcastic remarks to his employees.This guy thinks he is God's gift to car restorations. The guy with the long hair and beard that does his paint work put's up with a lot of his nonsense. He also can't form a sentence with out quoting several part numbers when describing a vehicle, "this car is a Plymouth blah, blah, blah, with a B-14, C18, P42, A02 with a GH44 paint code", speak English, we all don't know part numbers. I know it's all scripted for T.V. but not my type of show.

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to favorite car based TV show??
On 6/5/2021 at 10:06 AM, Paul Dobbin said:

I think I'd like to see Benny Hill's co-star girls do antique auto restoration.  I can visualize that as very interesting.

I'd like to see that too. Hill's Angels as they were called. Last production taped in 1989 so they are in their 60's and some in their 70's That would be quite some scene. Louise English was one of my favorites.

Kidding aside, the best car show was SPEED VISION and of that the series Victory By Design.

Edited by Pfeil (see edit history)
  • Like 1

I wish there was one good car based show on television. The shows  follow the basic formula: We have to get to SEMA, there is always a goofy shop manager, two fabricators have to fight and disagree, customers disagree, and in the end it is one family hug! Then the cast shows up at a Meccum auction, so everybody knows the circus has come to town. The great restorers, fabricators, builders are not on television. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1