1965 Impala Fender Skirt Sedan vs Wagon

Headgasket

SO tell us more, do you want one, do you have one that won't fit, do you want to know what will or won't fit?

Do you want to know how to fit it to a car? Have one for sale?  You are a bit short on information you seek or to vague about what you need to know. 😦

• Like 1

OK guys yes the question was will sedan flush-mount skirts fit a wagon.

Reason is some peoples tastes are different and if you are doing a lead sled low rider you want to close the wheel well .

I was hoping someone had a Hollander Interchange book that could let me know if the quarter panels were interchangeable.

I think I may have answered my own question by looking at pictures of both cars. It appears that the wheel well arc is part of the rear door so putting a skirt in the wheel well would prevent opening rear door?

Thank you for FoxCraft suggestion.

So seriously guys are there any Impala guys or GM Guys than could shed some light on this subject or are my thoughts way off base.

Balls in your court thank you

There is the problem arc of wheel well part of back door on wagon don't think 4 door sedan has same problem ?

The picture of the skirt is advertisement for the scuff no skirts listed for 1965 . Thank you for trying I will call them in the morning.

12 hours ago, George Smolinski said:

True, but the REAL question is why would you ruin the look of a car with fender skirts? Only 2 things worse: big ugly visor & hydraulics.

I think '65 Pontiac Bonneville wagons look real good with skirts.

Craig

• Like 3

I believe that the answer to the REAL question is because Mr. Headgasket owns this car and in his opinion skirts will make this car look better, or more unique. I have stopped explaining why I do what I do to MY car to anyone who has a different opinion. Just my opinion. 

Edited by kingrudy
Clarity (see edit history)
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, 8E45E said:

I think '65 Pontiac Bonneville wagons look real good with skirts.

Craig

That's because Pontiac styled the cars to use skirts. They did not use a defined rear wheel arch lip as Chevrolet, Olds and Buick B-bodies did. The lip makes for an awkward transition from fender to skirt, especially if the car also uses a bright wheel arch moulding. You may notice the styling moved away from the defined lip in 1967.

Trying to figure what OP is looking for- a Foxcraft skirt that mounts IN the wheel arch opening, or a cruiser style skirt that mounts outside it, in which case there's legitimate concern whether it would interfere with the door.

11 hours ago, mike6024 said:

I don't know. I'd suggest call these people. They say for '65 the same skirt fits either 2 door or 4 door, so that might include wagon. Is this the tpye?

65-66_Chev.jpg

http://fenderskirtdepot.com/Chevy/

1965 Chevrolet Impala Wagon - Outside the Box - Lowrider

What on God's green earth did they do to you, you poor wagon. 1965 Impala & a 396 no less. Hey, make a hopper out of it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, George Smolinski said:

What on God's green earth did they do to you, you poor wagon. 1965 Impala & a 396 no less. Hey, make a hopper out of it.

That photo would look all the more appropriate with a full load of bricks in the back, lumber on the roof piled 6 feet high, and a loaded cargo trailer being dragged behind it!

Craig

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/5/2021 at 5:32 PM, George Smolinski said:

True, but the REAL question is why would you ruin the look of a car with fender skirts? Only 2 things worse: big ugly visor & hydraulics.

Aftermarket continental kits are right up (down) there, the worst would be on a wagon 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 28 Chrysler said:

Aftermarket continental kits are right up (down) there, the worst would be on a wagon 

There is a school of thought that anything that is not from the factory, or "authentic" ruins the look of any car. I don't believe that there is anything positive to be gained by saying that something "ruins" the look of a car. Sort of like saying, "I don't know why Baskin Robbins makes 31 flavors of ice cream, because it is clear that chocolate is the very best" The owner of the car has the right to do whatever he wants to the car. 

• Like 4

Kingrudy,

Your statement may be true BUT:

"There is a school of thought that anything that is not from the factory, or "authentic" ruins the look of any car." Anyone posting or reading here for a while should realize that MOST on this site like ORIGINAL. We don't like doodads, sirens, curb feelers, skirts (unless they are ORIGINAL to the specific car, visors (same sentiment as skirts), airbags instead of springs, 13 inch multispoke rims, giant 20 something inch rims, hoppers, lowriders, giant murals, profane paint jobs or bumper stickers, disc brake conversions, crushed velvet interiors, continental kits that were never an original part of the car, shag carpet, the dingleberries in the interior, & MOST of all, a Chevy LS in anything other than what it originally came in. "I don't believe that there is anything positive to be gained by saying that something "ruins" the look of a car."  Since in this forum opinions are expressed, we are allowed to tell others that their car sucks if they have any of the above mentioned items on it, as long as we do it generically and in a kinder, gentler fashion. The excellent moderators do a damn good job with that. "Sort of like saying, "I don't know why Baskin Robbins makes 31 flavors of ice cream, because it is clear that chocolate is the very best" I don't like Baskin Robbins so I don't care what that person thinks of their flavors. "The owner of the car has the right to do whatever he wants to the car." We're not disputing that. We're expressing our OPINIONS that certain unholy items put on a car, or criminally insane experiments performed on the body, drive train, suspension, interior, & paint make it look kinda [insert kind word here] crappy. (Use your imagination if you need to insert something a little harsher).

To Mr. Moderator, before you delete & ban me for life, please realize most of this post is in jest along with some of this note. (The banning for life part.😁)

• Like 2

I agree with George that the right to do whatever one wants to his or her car is accompanied by the right of others to express their opinions about it. I've loved thousands of modified cars that I've seen in my life. Like most kids who grew up when I did, I was originally interested customized cars and little else. However, I now see old cars as something akin to cultural artifacts; sometimes a car customized in 1954 can accomplish that goal and sometimes an old car kept as original as possible (or restored to that standard) can accomplish that goal. I see nothing wrong in discouraging others from viewing old cars as little more than a canvas on which to "express themselves." I say this as a person who painted his old Ford a slightly different color than original for cost reasons (i.e., it's not my intent to be judgemental or superior.) That Ming dynasty vase might look pretty cool with ghost flames on it, but I'm glad there are people out there who discourage it.

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)
  • Like 2

George, 

I appreciate your candor and your sense of humor. You are a true car guy. 

Mike 

P. S.  I plan on putting skirts on my '40 Super, don't be too hard on me when I post pics of the finished project. 

Mike 

Edited by kingrudy
touch of humor. (see edit history)
  • Haha 1

On 4/6/2021 at 2:11 AM, Headgasket said:

There is the problem arc of wheel well part of back door on wagon don't think 4 door sedan has same problem ?

The picture of the skirt is advertisement for the scuff no skirts listed for 1965 . Thank you for trying I will call them in the morning.

What about putting heavy paper or light cardboard up against the wheel openings of a wagon & a sedan, mark the outline with a pencil or marker, & compare the two? You could even cut them both out & lay them together to check.

19 hours ago, ol' yeller said:

Interesting. The OP was asking a fitment question, not seeking approval. He is also a fairly new guy here with only 4 posts. This is how new folks are driven away.

From the looks of his replies, he doesn't seem too butthurt by any of the comments here. If he's doing a lowrider, wouldn't that car showing up at an AACA event kinda be like the proverbial petunia in an onion patch, only in reverse? All the AACA cars being the petunias & the other one being an onion.

Edited by George Smolinski (see edit history)

Wasn't this post placed under "General Discussion" meant for greater latitude? When you read some of the posts under "Pre War" in the Buick section it seems that period correct it what is preferred with a little of deviation. In the "Modified" section of the Buick forum anything goes and the lanes are much wider. Just a thought after taking a few steps back. I apologize for hijacking HEADGASKETS post. 

Mike 

Edited by kingrudy
Clarity (see edit history)