65 Riv - electric seat trim pieces

moran75

Hi all

Re trim at bottom of electric bucket seat - I’ve attached an illustration re piece I’m referring to..

It looks like the only way to remove it is after the seat has been removed and physically turned upside down? Can anyone confirm or is there a way to get them it off a tad more easily.:.

all the best

kev

2EC88544-0632-4C1C-8CD9-E7EF2F6EBE42.jpeg

13 minutes ago, moran75 said:

Hi all

Re trim at bottom of electric bucket seat - I’ve attached an illustration re piece I’m referring to..

It looks like the only way to remove it is after the seat has been removed and physically turned upside down? Can anyone confirm or is there a way to get them it off a tad more easily.:.

all the best

kev

2EC88544-0632-4C1C-8CD9-E7EF2F6EBE42.jpeg

You might be able to pop the plastic push pins out without taking out the seat. I think it would be very tough. I just added all of the trim pieces to the left and right side of my driver's seat this winter. After doing that I would suggest just taking out the seat. It might seem like more work to take the seat out but, in the end it will be much easier than being a contortionist. With the power seat, getting the bolts out is really very easy because you can tilt the seat up to get at the bolts. Those trim pieces are plastic and break easily. To get the 2 pieces in or out on the right side of the seat would be extremely difficult, if not impossible with the seat in.

Bill

• Thanks 1

Kev,

There are little plastic pins that push into the steel  structure of the seat tracks. They may be kinda hard to see as they are usually the color of the trim.

AND, new steel pieces are avalable from ABandG. '63 & 64 are diff. than '65 as far as grain pattern is concerned.  I'm sure there are others that have more recent experiences than I.

Tom T.

• Thanks 1

Thanks chaps...only reason I’m asking is that the carpet seems to be caught on something under there and is bunching up a tad ...I think I’ll leave trim/seat as they are and just see if I can push carpet back a little with my fingers

all the best

kev