36 Pontiac starter solenoid

Hello, 

new to forum, while searching the internet for a starter solenoid for 36 Pontiac coupe with straight 8, I stumble onto the site. I saw  where a man was having the same problem, aristech was his site name, I wonder if you ever found one, and if so would you mind letting me know where.

thank you

Reade

lots of places to search. Do you belong to the Pontiac/ Oakland club?  In there mag. there are parts people. Look in Hemmings mag.

@aristech is still active here, and hopefully he will drop by this thread. If not, try sending him a PM.

That solenoid is a hard part to get, and it is probably best to just rebuild it if you have it. The only showstoppers I know of are if the solenoid is just plain missing, or if one of the windings is bad. The windings can be tested with a multimeter, and are usually fine.

@Kornkurt here on the forum and is a good source of parts for these cars. California Pontiac Restoration http://pontiacparts.net is another good source.

Welcome to the forum from another 36 Pontiac owner!

if you by some chance got an offer from someone by PM with a really low post count, or a really recent join date... be very cautious. Car forums in general (not just this one) have had a lot of trouble with scammers recently.