'57 Buick Roadmaster Fender Skirts or Not?

364nailhead

IMO, skirts look good on certain Buicks built in 1957 and women born in 1957.

If your Roadmistress has four doors, a continental kit, dingle balls around your rear window, fuzzy dice hanging from your rear-view mirror matching in color with your fuzzy steering wheel wrap and a ‘coon tail hanging from your antenna, you got the right look. All you need is a crying doll leaning up against your front fender and a lawn chair that matches the paint on your car and you’re all set to sit back and listen to all the comments you’ll likely get at the next car show . . . my grandpa who worked in the warehouse at J.C. Whitney’s back in the 1950s had one just like yours but it was a Ford . . .  blah blah blah.

Al Malachowski

BCA #8965

“500 Miles West of Flint”

• Haha 5

13 hours ago, 364nailhead said:

My Dad had fender skirts on the '57, I drove the car home after his passing. I took them off to show more tire. I like the skirts, and then I like seeing the whole tire. Any thoughts? 

Not sure if my answer to your query will help or not.

It's now your car so as the expression goes, do what you like.

It's about whatever floats your boat isn't it?

Dad apparently liked them so I'd suggest putting them on and drive it that way for awhile. Then remove them and you will know which way you like her best.

I've owned three 1958 Buick's since High School and put up with so many opinions of negativity about just how much chrome was used on the cars but felt it was my car and I like it! So... go buy what you like fella's. 

I have a set of skirts for my Special convert that I'm unsure about putting on her but they need to be painted first and then will see whether they stay on or not. 

I figure they go on and off easy enough so go have fun and enjoy your car.

I'm sure dad is looking down watching you having that fun.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1