For Sale: 1956 Nash Statesman Super sedan - $3,750 - Stroudsburg, PA - Not Mine

For Sale: 1956 Nash Statesman Super sedan - $3,750 - Stroudsburg, PA

'56 Nash Statesman Super - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)

'56 Nash Statesman Super, Very rare model "Farina" 2 keys and Clean Title, 3 sp. on tree 195 -- 6 cylinder # match.  Original 2-tone paint (Solitaire blue/Frost white), Very good condition.  Factory fog lights, Solid floors and trunk, From Midwest. Very nice chrome, Seats convert to bed, Radio, Heater, Dual mirrors, Continental Kit,  78,826 original miles,  Push button start, Not running, Free delivery within 75 miles, $3,750. OBO
Calls and texts only, Emails not returned. Serious inquiries only. 

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1956 Nash Statesman Super sedan.

'56 Nash Statesman PA a.jpg

'56 Nash Statesman PA b.jpg

'56 Nash Statesman PA c.jpg

'56 Nash Statesman PA d.jpg

'56 Nash Statesman PA e.jpg

'56 Nash Statesman PA f.jpg

'56 Nash Statesman PA g.jpg

'56 Nash Statesman PA h.jpg

'56 Nash Statesman PA i.jpg

'56 Nash Statesman PA j.jpg

'56 Nash Statesman PA k.jpg

'56 Nash Statesman PA l.jpg

'56 Nash Statesman PA m.jpg

'56 Nash Statesman PA n.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, supercub said:

What is the engine I wonder. The cool is that it's a manual trans.

Its the common Nash 195.6 ci OHV six cylinder that powered their cars and Ramblers into the 1960's.  It was based on the L-head six that first powered the 1941 Nash 600.   Nash engineers preferred to cast the intake manifold into the cylinder head, do so even with the L-heads.  They also had exhaust manifolds that were simple exhaust pipe clamped to the side of the block, always seemed to have exhaust leaks.   

I kind of like the style, and it's a great price for a conversation piece. Just get it running and you'd be the star of the show 'n shine.

That continental kit, even if it is original and is supposed to have a tire cover, looks terrible, and the photos make it look even worse.

My vote is to cut down the bumper and take it off.

Continental spare looks like it is leaning against the trunk lid -

maybe not even attached to bracketry which may, or may not be there.

It is supposed to be Free-Standing, but , I believe, a bit more upright, and with a bit of spacing between the spare and the body.

This year still has the partially skirted front fenders,

and (some say) a narrowed front track, going all the way back to 1949, to allow full steering.

Headliner staining and rot seems excessive,

and where would yoU find a replacewment for the right side front parking light lens?

On the other hand, the body seems decent for a Pennsylvania Rust-Belt, Salted-Roads car.

While the Statesman is the "Lesser Series" compared to the Ambassador,

it still seems a decent project, and you won't meet yourself heading to Cruise Night.

Bet the front seat fabric is decent under that cover. I think the fog lights would look cool in place of the missing lenses and body mounted Guide blinker lamps installed. I would use the Hollywood rack as a moped rack and put the spare in the trunk. Not original preservation I know but for the price why not have fun with it. Woukd be a hit pulling up to a moped rally.

The Nash Car Club is an active, friendly group, would have resources for parts such as the parking light lens and the continental tire covers.    Because its an early unit-body, interested parties should take the time to carefully examine the underneath substructures for evidence of serious rust damage before acting.   But as noted, you will not likely meet another at a cruise night and have more fun explaining what it is than any owner of a popularly seen collector cars.    Guaranteed if you recline the seats into the bed position, this Nash will generate lots of conversations...

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 9:50 PM, GregLaR said:

Holy cow!

It is magnificent in its hideousness!

😄

This is the model of car that was driven by the odd family that lived down the street from you in 1957...a family that may have actually been...beings from another planet!

Love these Nashes! The styling screams, "Take me to your leader!"

Nash-Ambassador-classic-cars-At-Disneyland-in-1955-1956-3-750x992.jpg

Edited by JamesR (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1