For Sale: 1966 Oldsmobile Tornado 45k original miles - $16,000 - Bristol, CT - Not Mine - Price Reduced to $14,000.

For Sale: 1966 Oldsmobile Tornado 45k original miles - $16,000 - Bristol, CT - Price Reduced to $14,000. see link below.

1966 Olds Tornado 45k original miles - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)

1966 Oldsmobile Tornado mint condition no rust ever, first front wheel drive, big block, power everything. First person to see this car will buy it.

Copy and paste in your email:  efacdce6d965390eb531716971ea7498@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1966 Oldsmobile Tornado.

'66 Olds Tornado CT a.jpg

'66 Olds Tornado CT b.jpg

'66 Olds Tornado CT c.jpg

'66 Olds Tornado CT d.jpg

'66 Olds Tornado CT e.jpg

'66 Olds Tornado CT f.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Price Reduced to $14,000. (see edit history)
  • Like 5

In the grand scheme of things $16,000 is not bad money if it truly is a well preserved 45,000 mile survivor.  I have owned 4 66-67 Toronados, restoring one. The cost to rebuild mechanicals ran to $7,000 with me doing most if the work.  My restoration car had 106,000 miles and was going strong although we found a lot of wear inside that needed correcting.  At 45,000 miles, and given that one might only drive this purchased car 4,000 miles or so a year, maintenance should allow this motor and transmission to last 20 + years.  So, $16,000 not bad.  Even though that seems like a chunk.  

• Like 2

Very close to home.  I am tempted but the garage is full, a nice alternative to an Eldo but I think, a bit smaller market.  Glad it's not black, blue or burgundy, the orangy color is not one of my favorites.

Despite the color I find myself wandering back here...  

And googling 66 Toros...

Mustang money, gobs of hp, and unique yet muscle and luxury fans would probably both get this car.

In looking at comps, price seems ok, no?

I get the feeling this would be a bit less bulky than the awesome looking but giant eldo.

3 hours ago, Steve_Mack_CT said:

Despite the color I find myself wandering back here...  

And googling 66 Toros...

Mustang money, gobs of hp, and unique yet muscle and luxury fans would probably both get this car.

In looking at comps, price seems ok, no?

I get the feeling this would be a bit less bulky than the awesome looking but giant eldo.

Price isn't bad but needs checked out.  These are purchased - or at least I purchased so many - for the unique looks and driving experience.  NOT for the brakes.  No muscle car, but fast.  My restored car launched.  Make sure you have a "spoiler" under the front cross frame/Radiator support.  Front end will lift at 80 mph.  Without one. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Malo48 said:

Price drop to $14k.  I'm tempted but can't go to see it!

Well, I’m pretty close to Bristol so I might be able to check it out for you.

Although according to the ad I will have to buy it if I am the first to see it. 😀

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Gearheadengineer said:

Well, I’m pretty close to Bristol so I might be able to check it out for you.

Although according to the ad I will have to buy it if I am the first to see it. 😀

Better you than me!  

Urge has passed...

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1966 Oldsmobile Tornado 45k original miles - $16,000 - Bristol, CT - Not Mine - Price Reduced to $14,000.

Seems odd to not post a single interior photo. Car shows cc, pa, comfortron ac. Trunk liner is correct. Bend in grille can be straightened easy enough. Quick sale at 8Kish. 14K level would need a spotless interior as pretty much nothing is reproduced. I do see the optional headrests thru the window.