1927 Pierce-Arrow model 80

I still can't see it! All I get is an ad for some program I do not want to consider with no option to say "NO!" or 'X' out of it. One of the reasons I so very much dislike (I am being polite here!) F***b***. Maybe tomorrow, if my wife is feeling better, I can have her sign in (she keeps in touch with scattered family there) and I can see the ad.

2 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

I still can't see it! All I get is an ad for some program I do not want to consider with no option to say "NO!" or 'X' out of it. One of the reasons I so very much dislike (I am being polite here!) F***b***. Maybe tomorrow, if my wife is feeling better, I can have her sign in (she keeps in touch with scattered family there) and I can see the ad.

Sorry to hear that Wayne. I don’t use that site either, yet I can still see marketplace ads without an account. What you describe sounds like you may have malware that got onto your device. You might want to get that checked out because it could lead to other problems. 

4 hours ago, wayne sheldon said:

I had the same problem until I upgraded my computer's operating system ( I have a mac). Time to update?

It’s a nice car, well known to Pierce guys in New England. I have actually driven by it a bunch of times but never stopped to look. The guys who collect this series Pierce...........placed a value on it of 7k several years ago. You can buy a wonderful one, turnkey and driving, in the mid teens. 

• Like 1

The ad says next to nothing, for those who can't see the link

Seller's description
Rare barn find. All original. 

About This Vehicle
Driven 55,000 miles
Manual transmission
Exterior color: Black
Fuel type: Gasoline
Clean title

1927 Pierce Arrow model 80
$19,000
Vehicles
Listed 6 days ago in Weatogue, CT

No photo description available.No photo description available.

6 hours ago, edinmass said:

You can buy a wonderful one, turnkey and driving, in the mid teens. 

If I thought I had any way at this time to scrape up that much money? I would be calling you about those! I really liked the 1925 I had years ago. A wonderful car I loved driving on nickel age tours!

Contrary to what Ed claims (I seem say that a lot about rougher Pierces), a nice Series 80 deluxe 4-door sedan (vs. this as a "coach series," cheaper coach body style), an older resto but good touring condition in OR, sold on evilbay a couple of weeks ago for $21k and change.  If this one runs decently, it might be worth $12-14 but I assume it is not running or the poster would have said so.  Not running = Ed's $7k or so as a pig in a poke.

In other news, the Series 80 deluxe sedan pile o'parts in Castro valley CA whose photos I posted a few weeks ago has been sold to the gent in Alameda who is doing a budget refurbishment of the only S80 I've ever seen with sidemounted spares--in other words, to a good home.  He's borrowing one of my trailers to move it.

George........market on the nickel sixes is, how shall we say..........way down the toilet. I’m passing eights for what would be considered free money. Slightly seedy series 80/81 closed car that are running and driving can be had for almost parts car money of ten years ago. Shit.......how about a NICE Lincoln V-12 running and driving for 20k.........and the top goes down. Some stuff is in the basement. And now your money will easily buy two to three times the car of just five years ago, at entry level.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, edinmass said:

George........market on the nickel sixes is, how shall we say..........way down the toilet. I’m passing eights for what would be considered free money. Slightly seedy series 80/81 closed car that are running and driving can be had for almost parts car money of ten years ago. Shit.......how about a NICE Lincoln V-12 running and driving for 20k.........and the top goes down. Some stuff is in the basement. And now your money will easily buy two to three times the car of just five years ago, at entry level.

Well, drat!  Because at my age I'm not buying.  Fortunately, I won't be selling any (I hope) for a few years.

"Nickel sixes" does not include RHD cars (thru 1920) I trust....although they are down a bit.  Get Sam to pop for a 66 or a 48 dual valve so you both can have some real fun!

George and Ed,

This car ran when I owned it about 15 years and at least two owners ago. The wood was good and no dropped doors. I don't think a thing has been changed since I had it! It had slumbered for many years when I got it. It ran within a week. It looks like it has had dry storage since, so I would think it could run again. I have nothing to do with the sale of it now. Photos from when I owned it.

194c_1.jpg

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KRK Sr. said:

"BARN FIND" the top photo is when I pulled it from a METAL BARN? .... 

Interesting....never knew you owned it. Rumor as I was told is it had not been run in years. I think there was another similar driver parked next to it that sold a while back...........