1928 Chrysler Model 72 King Pin Diagram

I have a little back and forth movement in my brake backing plate from top to bottom indicating wear in my kingpins.  I need to find replacement parts but also a diagram of what they look like and any other information would be most helpful.

Not sure if there is much difference between the 72 and the 75 but here is the diagram out of the manual for my 75. I’m sure you’re probably already on the look out for a manual for you car, definitely worth while. They do come up from time to time and shouldn’t be too dear

Cheers Ben

C267EC3C-C440-49CD-9135-0A2B14272DF7.jpeg

9A6D7776-27AD-44B5-8200-8B52DE590B80.jpeg

Hey Vintageben, I'm embarrassed to say I did not look in my manual first but I think I really misstated my question.  What I'm looking for is a description of how to properly replace the kingpin and bushings.

I haven’t got that far on my car but I would I see they are just bushes and a thrust bearing. As for the bushes I would imagine it it just a matter of pressing them out and either finding a match or machining some new ones and pressing in,sounds easy when said quickly🙄🤣. Not sure if anyone does kingpin sets for these cars but would make life easier and I’m not sure on availability of the thrust bearing, might be a bit of a PITA. Good luck will be interesting to see what others say. 

After pressing the new bushes in they need to be reamed to the correct size for the king pin. It's probably not a home garage job.

The king pin sets are hens teeth unfortunately.

• Like 1