Early Wagner Lockheed brake springs

I am looking for brake springs for 12'' Wagner Lockheed drum brakes used on several late twenties/ early thirties cars. 

These only have one return spring per drum.

7-7/8" o/a length

.085 wire

.560 diameter

3-3/8'' coil in center with 2-1/4'' hooks on each end.

Thanks,

Dennis

I have had good luck looking for help in the trade, that is, wholesalers close to the company. A salesman for a wire (coil) spring company, present them with a " I really need help on this problem " and people will rise to the challenge. Automotive seals and bearings all have measurements, these people go by measurements rather than specific applications. You have all the measurements they need to help you out or help with a close substitute, you just need to find someone willing to take a few minutes, be clear you are not looking for wholesale quantities.    Jim43

Thanks Jim,

I have looked at available springs in lieu of application. I haven't found anything that would replace.

Worst case, I have a local spring shop that can make them. 

Not expensive per item after a set-up charge.

These were used on most early Wagner Lockheed with the 12'' drums and single return spring.

Anybody need any?

Dennis

I have a 1946 Wagner brake book. As an example, I looked up 32 Chrysler CI that has 12 inch drums. They list the springs as FC 2501. These springs are a 3 piece design and have a o/a length of 5-29/32".  Over 2" shorter then you need? As I asked earlier, what particular car are these spring for? All springs for 12" drums may not  be the same.

9 minutes ago, old car fan said:

He is working on a  1930 Windsor  roadster. 

Wow, that has to be rare.  Never head of it.

• Like 1