Spring Carlisle April 21-25

Does anyone have any official knowledge to the cancellation of this event. I have parts ordered for pickup there, the vendors havent said otherwise to me. I had a friend I was going with that informed this morning that it was cancelled!  No idea where he got his info. I dont want to doubt him but find it hard to believe that it has been cancelled. I just checked their website and it seems like full steam ahead.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, TAKerry said:

Does anyone have any official knowledge to the cancellation of this event. I have parts ordered for pickup there, the vendors havent said otherwise to me. I had a friend I was going with that informed this morning that it was cancelled!  No idea where he got his info. I dont want to doubt him but find it hard to believe that it has been cancelled. I just checked their website and it seems like full steam ahead.

Why do you think it's cancelled? Carlisle ran a full schedule last year, and held an indoor swap in January this year. The website "seems" full speed ahead because it is. I've got four spaces.

Some vendors may decline to attend. That's their call. TP Tools for one, given problems with staff illnesses. I suggest you verify that the vendors you need to see are, in fact, attending.

• Like 2

Full Speed ahead, indeed...

As Joe P. Indicated above, EVERY one of their shows was a go ---

LAST year --- in 2020 !!!!

Wear a mask to go through the gate.... After that , there are no big gatherings..... It is spread over 84 acres, 6 days, 11 hours a day, and

Outdoors....

You are far safer there than at your local (indoors) Walmart .....

Breathe fresh air, Enjoy a great show, Regain your sanity ...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

MY HUMBLEST APOLOGIES, MODS CAN DELETE THIS THREAD TOPIC.

I was talking with my buddy about going in a few weeks, one of his text' back to me said something to the effect, 'i dont think theyre having it', much to my chagrin he was referring to something else. Hence why I posted to see if anyone else had info. Like I stated I went right away to their website and it looked like a go. FALSE ALARM!!

Looking forward to going, picking up some parts that are ordered and seeing a swap meet for the first time in 2 years.

• Like 1

Rather than delete this thread,

It pays to keep this information until the show is over... It is vital for those who can finally attend a Great swap meet, And Be Safe in doing so....

And, if anyone has any questions or comments about the 2021 Spring Carlisle -- ask away on this thread -- and those of us who WILL be there (like me, with an awesome Automotive ONLY spread, 

At I I 118 - 119 Aye Aye 118 - 119)

Will answer all of anybody's questions.... Yours, Craig...

• Like 1

I plan to be there with a trailer full of great antique auto parts. II 7-9 (Aye-Aye 7-9). Looks like just down the isle a ways from mobileparts.  WOO-HOO! A swap meet in a few weeks!!! I'll have some Model A parts, a portable shop hoist, fender skirts, grilles, a foot operated riveter, bench mount bead roller, '35 Dodge pickup tailgate, door and running boards, hubcaps, headlights, etc.......

Let's hope for good weather, good health and a great swap meet!!

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, pkhammer said:

Let's hope for good weather, good health and a great swap meet!!

Let's hope! This photo is from Spring Carlisle 2018. Yeah, that's snow. 😲

IMG_20180417_171105908.jpg

• Like 1

In 1994, MLB players went on strike, the public reacted with anger-and the future of professional baseball was in question. Along comes 1995, and Cal Ripken, Jr. pursues and breaks Lou Gehrig’s consecutive game record. Many say Cal saved baseball. 

Perhaps the 2020 swap meet season is (was) analogous. All across the nation, collector car events were cancelled- leaving car folks without a favorite source of entertainment. Even Hershey (shudder) was cancelled. 

But the biggest exception was Bill Miller, Jr. and his staff at Carlisle events. CE quickly adopted a Covid game plan to protect both spectators and employees. Even as they faced legal action from the Governor of PA, they endured and succeeded. I attended every event. Like many, I avoided the indoor displays and the food court (drat). Yes, attendance at many events was down as fearful people stayed home. Ironically, this made the events less crowded and safer.

Now the 2021 swap meet season begins. Some events are still being cancelled. CE already has this figured out. They will hold their full slate of events. Let’s face it, our group is more likely to have social security than a job. We should all soon be vaccinated. 2021 looks promising and safe. Get your vaccine; and get yourself to Carlisle. It’s going to be a great build up to Hershey ‘21!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Let's make this Carlisle thread mighty -- and Spring Carlisle 2021 even mightier !!!!

PK hammer -- the I I can confuse people -- that is why it is easier to call it Aye Aye (I even call it "the sailor's row"-- Aye Aye !!!)

Joe P. -- we WERE there, getting snowed on !! Wasn't that so delightful ??  Please, GOD, Bless Us, let us Make it Great Again !!!!

(Not a political statement -- I mean making Spring Carlisle Great...)

Greenie -- Carlisle needed the $$$ , but so did WE, at the twice postponed Spring Carlisle... Thank goodness, the Millers did go to bat for themselves and for us, to shoot down Governor Tom Wolf, the Absolutely unabashed he-she Ray / Rachel Levine and the Pennsylvania Department of Health , to allow Spring Carlisle (and the entire 2020 Carlisle schedule) exist !!!!

....Perhaps the greatest Carlisle moment EVER .... After they fought the law and WE WON, when they blasted "We Are The Champions"

Over the Loud Speakers.... That was awesome !!!!

See Everyone there !!!! Aye personally can't wait !!!! Yours, Craig....

• Like 2

Oh -- and -- I start the season with four (4) shows ---

1) English town, New Jersey

2) Carlisle, Pennsylvania

3) Rhinebeck, New York

4) Mansfield, Massachusetts

Back - to Back - to Back - to Back....

Already, Rhinebeck and Mansfield Cancelled for 2021.... Wonderful...

14 hours ago, joe_padavano said:

Let's hope! This photo is from Spring Carlisle 2018. Yeah, that's snow. 😲

IMG_20180417_171105908.jpg

I missed that year but was working a bit west in Shippensburg. Seemed like it snowed a couple of times every week for  the month of March and April! Carlisle as most that have been there know, is just south of the hills. Weather this time of year in that area is unpredictable. One day will be cold/rainy/snow the next you can have sunny and warm. Last time I went in 2019 the first thing I had to get was a beanie cap to keep my ears warm.