Jump to content

Brake Pedal Return Spring


Recommended Posts

We just picked up a 1936 Buick Special. Been sitting for a while and needs a little work. We don't have any brake pressure and in investigating the problem I noticed there is no return spring on the brake pedal. I can't seem o find a part number or reference for it anywhere. Can anybody help?

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome newbie. Dave Tacheny parts out 36-41 Buicks  763 427 3460 central time M-F 5-7pm I`ve got a `36 40 series coupe and have bought many things from Dave. Post some pictures of your `36, everybody here likes pictures. If you don`t have a Shop Manual for your car, and you plan to do your own work, get one.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Rock10,

If you can't find one, but can find one to borrow to use as a pattern, then I can steer you to the place where you can have a new one made.  Action Spring Company in Tulsa, Oklahoma made new clutch and brake pedal springs for me for the '16 D-45.

They were very similar to what is in the photo.

 

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Terry Wiegand said:

Rock10,

If you can't find one, but can find one to borrow to use as a pattern, then I can steer you to the place where you can have a new one made.  Action Spring Company in Tulsa, Oklahoma made new clutch and brake pedal springs for me for the '16 D-45.

They were very similar to what is in the photo.

 

Terry Wiegand

South Hutchinson, Kansas

Thanks

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, pont35cpe said:

Welcome newbie. Dave Tacheny parts out 36-41 Buicks  763 427 3460 central time M-F 5-7pm I`ve got a `36 40 series coupe and have bought many things from Dave. Post some pictures of your `36, everybody here likes pictures. If you don`t have a Shop Manual for your car, and you plan to do your own work, get one.

Thank you. I'll post some pictures later. Are you familiar with the spring? Am I on the right track?

Link to post
Share on other sites

In your picture, looks like your spring hooked to the clutch pedal, should be your brake pedal return spring. Looks like you`ve got a pretty nice 2dr sedan to start with..

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pont35cpe said:

In your picture, looks like your spring hooked to the clutch pedal, should be your brake pedal return spring. Looks like you`ve got a pretty nice 2dr sedan to start with..

I'll check that out. Thanks 🙂

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/31/2021 at 8:29 AM, pont35cpe said:

In your picture, looks like your spring hooked to the clutch pedal, should be your brake pedal return spring. Looks like you`ve got a pretty nice 2dr sedan to start with..

I moved the clutch spring to the lower hole. Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...