39 Buick painted fuel lines

I've seen this topic discussed in the past and I recently discovered some factory photographs which should answer the question whether fuel lines were painted or not. My photos show the fuel line from the carburetor to the fuel pump being painted and the vacuum advance line also painted. The fuel pump appears not painted. It makes sense the fuel pump was not painted because the paint would obscure the sediment bowl. The photos can be seen in the factory tour booklet "Buick's Busy Acres" which a reproduction is available from Buick Heritage Alliance. I have other pieces of literature posted on that site as well.

Thanks

Leif

Guys I'd love to provide you with the pictures. I am computer challenged so soon as I figure out how to post them on this site I'll gladly do so. The photos are in "Buick's Busy Acres" and the fuel lines are easily seen in an original copy. A reproduction can be purchased through the Buick Heritage Alliance. Terry Dunham and I were friends. I opened up my archive material to him and Buick Heritage so that folks restoring a late 30's early 40's Buicks had access  to rare information. I appreciate and enjoy this site where car enthusiasts do their best to help one another.

Thanks

Leif

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, This is a factory photo of a 39 Buick 248 engine taken in 1939. It's pretty obvious this is a terrible paint job with bright unpainted metal patches under the exhaust manifold and exhaust manifold valve body. Also, the generator pully has a fair amount of  gray overspray. Even though the photo is black and white it does show the fuel and vacuum advance lines being painted and if you look closely there is bright spot of unpainted metal between the fuel line and vacuum line underneath the air cleaner. It shows a good contrast between the the painted lines and bright metal where the paint was missed. Thanks Leif

thumbnail_IMG_0134.jpg

• Like 1