1965 LeSabre 400 4-dr. ht. 31,000 miles in N.H.

Pete Phillips

Not mine, but I love unmolested, unrestored, low-mileage Buicks and here's a very nice one. Too far away for me to consider it, but someone in the Northeastern US needs to jump on this. They don't come much nicer in New England. 300 cu. in. V8 with the "400" option package which means the three-speed automatic transmission and I think the 4-barrel carburetor, which is plenty of power for these cars.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1965-Buick-LeSabre/164783759594?hash=item265de0a0ea:g:SuQAAOSw6fBgXmRS

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Here is information from the ad--good for reference

after the Ebay listing isn't around:

"Car is a time-capsule 1965 Buick LeSabre.  4 door, no post. Previous owner said 31,000 original miles. Have original protector plate with some paperwork proving mileage.  One family owned it from 1965 to 2010.  Have copy of old title to prove mileage.  Car has current NH registration - car sold with registration and bill of sale only. No current title. AGAIN, CAR NOT SOLD WITH CURRENT TITLE. Had to check a box under "title".

Car is V8. Does not have nail-head motor.  Looks like 300 cubic inch factory 4-barrel carb with turbo 400 transmission.

Interior is black, no rips, all original. No cracks on dash. Car has a little mold on headliner, shown in pics.  Interior smells a little musty.  All original spare, jack and trunk mat.

Car has very little surface rust around back window.  Absolutely no rot in trunk. No rot on floors (just some surface rust under car, shown in pics.)  All glass is nice. 

Car body seems to have original paint including white top.  Passenger rear quarter has a small dent (very hard to see) by the taillight.

Everything works, even windshield washer squirters. 

Have been out on a 2 hour run plus many runs around town - car runs and drives fine.  Has newer radials - some dry rot - would recommend replacing them.

Feel free to call me with any questions - Paul. 603-772-6353."

Image 3 - 1965 Buick LeSabre

Image 2 - 1965 Buick LeSabre

Image 18 - 1965 Buick LeSabre

Image 6 - 1965 Buick LeSabre

Image 9 - 1965 Buick LeSabre

While it is a nice unmolested low mileage car, I think $4200 was all the money, it's not well optioned, storage was obviously not the best, the rust around the rear window area will need a good bit of work and that's taking the word that the water didn't get into the trunk, the bump on the rear quarter was hard enough to push in the quarter panel so there will be damage to other parts on that quarter.  Roof will more than likely need painted and maybe the entire body once it is looked at and failing to properly blend in rear quarter damage.  Musty interior with mold, who has dealt with that issue, not an easy one. Need new tires.   What would a pristine low mileage low option LeSabre really be worth, at $4200 you would be underwater in that one real quick?